Carr’s Child and Family Services are currently recruiting a manager
for an established Family Assessment Centre which provides assessment
and support to families. The role is to lead and manage the
residential family centre in accordance with the organisation’s
ethos, ensuring robust, fair and evidence based assessment and support
are provided as defined in the Centre’s statement of purpose.
This is an exciting position and rare opportunity to lead a team in
providing assessments and support to families with the support of a
multidisciplinary team and long standing senior management. Training
will be given.
For this role we are looking for a confident ambitious leader who is
ready for the challenge. The successful candidate will have a
recognised social work, social care or psychology qualification with
excellent time management and report writing skills.
* At least two years of management experience in the last five years.
* At least one years’ experience in supervising and managing
JOB TYPE: Full Time – Monday to Friday
SALARY: Starting €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
Please submit a covering letter and up to date cv no later than
September **Apply on the website**th **Apply on the website** to
**Apply on the website**
* To ensure the day to day running of the Centre provides the
environment for assessment to take place and that babies and children
are protected during their stay.
* To ensure that parenting and supplementary programmes are
facilitated daily, and the Centre provides assessment to the
individual requirements of the Courts or Tusla.
* To be responsible for and oversee the assessment process, take the
lead in court proceedings, and support other colleagues to develop
their court and assessment skills.
* To ensure each family has individual placement planning tailored
to their specific needs and requirements as outlined in the letter of
* To produce quality reports, evaluations or risk and lessons
learned to promote the continuous development of the Centre.
* To monitor and evaluate the quality of assessment and support
offered at the centre and ensure the centre makes continuous
* To provide effective leadership to the team and take the lead in
service delivery and quality management in the Centre.
* To provide feedback to the CEO and Board of Management of
statutory and organisational policies.
* Ensure the Centre complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
* Develop constructive working relationships in the broader
community to promote the overall outcomes for babies and young
* To liaise with the responsible individual on all matters relating
to the viability of assessments, termination of assessments,
complaints compliance and matters relative to effective service
* To ensure families are provided with robust, fair evidenced based
assessments and deliver the assessment process to a high standard for
each individual family.
* Ensure the family and child safeguarding practices are embedded
throughout the daily practice at the Centre.
* Ensure that assessments are delivered within agreed time scales
and quality assured, and feedback is received for each completed
* Ensure the service programmes are planned and delivered to meet
the needs of the families.
* Take responsibility for safeguarding children, babies and
vulnerable adults, risk and service governance.
* Ensure children and families access services that meet their
health, education, social psychological and emotional well-being.
* Monitor the quality of experience of families placed in the
* Ensure social inclusion is embedded within the Centre.
* Take part in on-call management if required.
* Ensure the organisations ethos is embedded in the day-to-day
practice and that families are supported throughout the assessment
* Ensure that regular reflective supervision of the staff team
* Ensure that staff have access to evidence based training and
* Recruit staff in line with safeguarding practices.
* Coach and support the development of the staff team with
continuous professional development.
* Ensure staffing structures, rotas, planning and prioritising key
* Ensure effective team building.
* Manage sickness absence in accordance with the organisation’s
* Undertake performance management and human resource requirements
relating to a staff team.
* Maintain the building
* Ensure the health and safety of the premises and furnishing of the
* Maintain the centre’s budget.
* Coordinate and monitor the administrative functions of the centre.
We need : English (Good)