**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK
Meath Travellers Workshop wish to invite applicants from suitable
qualified candidates for the position of EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT WORKERS
(EDW). The role is a **Apply on the website**-month fixed term
contract and will work in co-operation with Meath Travellers Workshop,
primary and post-primary schools, early years, and any other relevant
services throughout County Meath that can contribute to improving
educational outcomes for children and young people from the Traveller
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the
Traveller community and education providers in the local area.
* Promote positive relationships between the Traveller community and
education providers including promoting interculturalism and raising
awareness of the rights of Traveller children to improved outcomes
* Develop a local area profile/ needs assessment and identify
non-school supports which may be required to assist in school
attendance and completion.
* Develop and implement a local action which meets the objectives of
* Work with education providers and the Traveller community to
identify and address issues impacting on attendance, participation,
retention and progression of members of the Traveller community in
education. E.g. homework supports, difficulty in accessing school
* Develop innovative and creative response to engage and build the
self-esteem and autonomy of Traveller children and young people to
advance their educational outcomes.
* Prepare and produce reports for the local boards of management and
the NTP board / DECDIY as requested including having oversight of the
* Work in partnership with other education projects funded under the
dormant accounts (DCEDIY) to document and identify the shared learning
to contribute to the development of future education programmes for
the Traveller community.
* Plan and oversee the development of a number of short videos to be
used on social media to promote education for Traveller children at
Pre-school, primary and secondary.
Candidates should possess a relevant qualifications and work
experience which should be clearly outlined in the letter of
Please apply by emailing CV and Letter of Application to Marina on at
**Apply on the website** by WEDNESDAY 5TH OCTOBER **APPLY ON THE
Provisional date for interview **Apply on the website**th October
**Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)