– LEINSTER HOUSE
Deputy Jennifer Whitmore is seeking to recruit a full-time
Parliamentary Assistant (PA) to support her in her work in Leinster
House and her constituency of Co. Wicklow. The Parliamentary Assistant
will work closely with the Secretarial Assistant, staff of the Social
Democrats Party, the Parliamentary Party, Party Branch members and
The potential candidate would ideally have previous experience within
a relevant policy/research/communications role. The role will
primarily be based between Leinster House and the constituency office
in Greystones, Co. Wicklow, with some remote working options
* Being the primary support on all legislative, political, and
* Drafting speeches on legislation, press releases, parliamentary
* Analysing, evaluating, and interpreting data to inform
evidence-based policy on key issues.
* Regularly liaising with media, state agencies, NGOs and community
* Researching legislative and policy issues in support of the
Deputy’s Spokesperson roles.
* Develop content for the Deputy’s social media channels.
* Efficiently handling constituency queries via different channels
(e-mail, phone, letter, social media) with the support of the
* Developing literature on issues of both national and local
* Planning and organising constituency events.
* Any other ad hoc duties as required.
* A relevant third-level qualification.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with conducting research.
* Excellent ICT skills with proficiency in managing websites and
* Knowledge and understanding of the Irish political system, the
workings of political parties and the Irish electoral system.
* An alignment with, and commitment to, the mission and values of
the Social Democrats.
* An understanding of public policy and legislation.
* An independent and creative thinker.
* Ability to work well, both independently and within a team.
* Comfortable working within tight deadlines, and in a changing
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** –
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** (dependent on
Pay scales are set out by the Houses of Oireachtas, not the individual
TD. Overtime is available.
_*It is important to note on applying for this position that the PA
contract is subject to end when an election is called._
Please e-mail a letter of application along with a CV to **Apply on
the website** by MONDAY 3RD OCTOBER, **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** AT 5PM.
We need : English (Good)