EXCITING FINANCE MANAGEMENT ROLE
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN AN ORGANISATION WHICH IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE TO
THE LIVES OF **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**’S OF YOUNG PEOPLE IN RURAL
IRELAND? DO YOU WANT A SENIOR LEADERSHIP ROLE IN A DYNAMIC TEAM? ARE
YOU A QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT LOOKING FOR A HEAD OF FINANCE ROLE?
Macra na Feirme, Ireland’s rural youth organisation, are currently
hiring a Head of Finance. For the ideal candidate, this is a dynamic
and challenging role dealing with a range of stakeholders in the
Agricultural industry, State and voluntary sector. This role provides
an opportunity for the ideal candidate to play a transformative role
in an organisation that has a significant impact with young people
across rural Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall
management of Finance and Compliance including:
* Co-ordinate and enhance appropriate financial and accounting
systems to the highest standards in National Office as laid down in
the Financial Procedures Manual as approved by the Board of Directors.
* Preparation of annual budgets in conjunction with the Chief
Executive, Senior Management and the National Board as laid down in
the Financial Procedures Manual.
* Preparation and delivery of Management Accounts for Senior
Management; Finance & Audit Committee and for the Board.
* Preparation and delivery of cash flow projections
* Lead the implementation of SORP financial principles across the
* Oversee and manage monthly accounts payable and receivable
activity, including invoicing, payments, bank reconciliations, balance
sheet, cash flow management, funder obligations, etc.
* Oversee the preparation of Annual Audited Accounts ensuring
compliance with relevant practice codes, guidelines and legislation.
* Ensure compliance with the Policies and Procedures of all Grant
making bodies that fund the Organisation. This includes oversight of
their criteria such as following their public procurement rules, etc.
* Preparation of Financial Reports required by Macra na Feirme’s
* In conjunction with the CEO, manage organisation’s risk profile
and governance code compliance.
* Management of staff within the finance function of the
* Management of key relationships with service providers supporting
the financial function of the organisation.
* Previous experience of financial systems integration such as Sage,
Realex, Salesforce, etc. a distinct advantage.
* A qualified accountant, with excellent accountancy skills.
* At least five years post-qualification experience is desirable but
* Excellent understanding of company law and corporate compliance
issues preferably as they apply to the Charity sector.
* Experience of maintaining positive relationship with a broad range
of stakeholders, the statuary sector and especially in the
administration of Grants.
* Experience and knowledge of Skillnet and its operations.
* Experience and knowledge of voluntary membership led
* Knowledge of tax and accountancy practices as they apply to
charities and social enterprises an advantage.
* Excellent IT technical knowledge including software knowledge of
Sage**Apply on the website**, Salesforce, Realex, and Microsoft Office
* High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to inspire a wide spectrum of supporters and sponsors.
* Ability to take a lead on projects or initiatives with effective
* Enthusiastic self-starter with a positive attitude and
target-driven approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* A strong commitment to teamwork, working with young people and the
issues effecting rural young people.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ROLE
GARDA VETTING: As our work involves contact with young people,
successful candidates for employment in Macra na Feirme will be
subject to Garda vetting.
ANNUAL LEAVE: The Head of Finance will be entitled to **Apply on the
website** days annual leave plus public holidays.
HOURS OF WORK: This is a Full-Time Permanent position. The Head of
Finance will be expected to work a minimum of **Apply on the website**
hours per week. It is expected that the Head of Finance will work
occasional late evenings (**Apply on the website** per month) and
occasional weekend work (**Apply on the website** Saturdays per
annum). A time in lieu system is in operation.
SALARY: The salary for this position will be commensurate with
BASE: The employment base(s) will be discussed with the successful
candidate. National office is based in Dublin, however the
organisation will consider alternative options for the ideal
APPLICATIONS: Applications in strictest confidence including cover
letter and up to date CV should be made submitted by email to **Apply
on the website**, if called for interview a candidate may be expected
to forward on copies of management accounts and cash flow forecasts
that they have prepared.
CLOSING DATE: The deadline for returning completed application forms
is 5.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**PM FRIDAY 2ND DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE
We need : English (Good)