LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT OFFICER
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Irish Girl Guides (IGG) is recruiting for the role of Learning and
Development Support Officer as part of the Global Citizenship
Education Project in its National Office. IGG is recruiting a Learning
and Development Support Officer to support the facilitation of their
new Global Citizenship Education Project, G-ACT (Global Awareness,
supporting our Youth Members as well as Volunteer Leaders.
IGG?s mission is to enable girls and young women to develop to their
fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world. This is
achieved by the volunteer leaders running a non-formal educational
programme with **Apply on the website** units across all counties in
the Republic of Ireland. The organisation has charitable status and
staff work with the volunteers to ensure IGG is compliant with all
relevant legislation and best practice in the youth and charity
* Facilitate this new project supported by funding from Irish Aid,
commencing Autumn **Apply on the website**
* Coordinate the management of the project with the Irish Girl
Guides? Programme and Training Commissioner, as well as acting as
the key liaison with external partners in particular our desk officer
at Irish Aid.
* Implement the Monitoring & Evaluation Framework to be used for the
project and fulfil all reporting duties as required
* Work with staff and volunteers to ensure training on values,
knowledge and skills of Global Citizenship is deepened across the
organisation. This may involve facilitation with young people and
adults both in person and online.
* Work together with the organisation?s Programme Officer to
ensure the smooth integration of this new project with the overall
* Work with the organisation?s Communications Officer to ensure
consistent messaging on Global Citizenship across all media
* Collaborate and attend meetings, representing Irish Girl Guides
across IGG?s working partners in the youth work sector in Ireland
and internationally, including WAGGGS
* Any other duties as requested by the CEO
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* Qualification in Youth Work and/or Global Citizenship Education, or
a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
* Commitment to social justice and inclusive youth work
* Ability to engage learners of different abilities, both youth and
* Ability to manage busy workloads in an effective and organised way
with competency in IT skills
* Ability to build and foster working relationships with good
written and verbal communication skills
* Willingness to work flexible hours to work with volunteers, staff
and youth groups (evenings, weekends) in community settings around the
* Demonstrate experience in developing and delivering training
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise
effectively and confidently at all levels internally and externally.
* Be enthusiastic, ambitious and promote a positive attitude.
* Strong organisational skills and good time management.
* Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
* Ability to juggle tasks and meet deadlines
This is a three-year project. The position is initially a one-year
fixed term contract.
The post is for 3 days per week (**Apply on the website**.**Apply on
the website** hours) and the salary will be ?**Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website**-?**Apply on the website**,**Apply
on the website** pro-rata.
Hybrid Woking options are available, however, an initial induction
period of 6 weeks will require an onsite presence in National Office
or at Unit meetings as agreed with the CEO. The main place of work is
currently in Donnybrook, Dublin 4 and a planned move to Tallaght,
Dublin **Apply on the website** in January **Apply on the website**.
This position is subject to Garda-vetting.
Please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the above
requirements and CV (max 2 pages) with contact details of two referees
to, Claire Barkey, **Apply on the website** by 5pm on **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)