JOB TITLE: EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER
LOCATION: Limerick City
REPORTS TO: Childcare Team Leader
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
PURPOSE: To work alongside our committed Early Years & Childcare
professionals, to deliver a holistic child-centred program under the
guidance of the National Quality Frameworks, Aistear and Síolta in
line with Child Care Regulations (the Child Care Act **Apply on the
website** (Early Years Services) Regulations **Apply on the website**.
CONTACT EMAIL: **Apply on the website**
APPLICATION REFERENCE: HR/LRK/SDL/EYCW/**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing
community, day and residential services to men and women and families
with problematic substance use since **Apply on the website**.
Coolmine believes that everyone should have the opportunity to
overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
Coolmine provides a residential addiction treatment service for women
and their children. An integral part of the service is the onsite
dedicated Early Years and Pre-school Service which is accessible to
all parents participating in the programme. Mothers can feel safe in
the knowledge that whilst they are engaging in our programme, their
child is being looked after in a safe, secure, caring and nurturing
environment. We are now seeking a Childcare Support Worker to assist
the childcare service where needed. The childcare worker must be
flexible to suit the service needs and adhere to all childcare
policies while providing a quality service.
REQUIREMENTS OF STUDENT EARLY YEARS EDUCATORS:
* Candidates must be willing to work with new-born babies and young
* Candidates must hold a minimum of FETAC Level 5 (or recognised
equivalent) in a childcare qualification. Recognised equivalent
requires a ‘Letter of Eligibility to Practice’-This is obtained
through applying for an ‘Assessment of Equivalence’. Accessed
through contacting the Department of Education and the Department of
Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (DCEDIY).
* Candidates must provide 2 x written references and copy of
qualification certificates at time of interview.
* Candidate details will be submitted for Garda Vetting.
* International Vetting required if candidate has lived outside of
the jurisdiction for a period of 3 months or more.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
* To follow the childcare policies, in line with the government
guidance and statutory requirements. This also includes Coolmine
policies and procedures.
* To support and assist in the provision of high - quality Early
Years care and learning to children aged **Apply on the website**
years of age, in a therapeutic community setting.
* Provide the children with, reciprocal interactions with children.
* Support activities to benefit the child while delivering a
* Support children's holistic development.
* Contribute to the process of Observation & Documentation-
Including learning stories and Conducting observations & learning
stories for children.
* Build effective forms of Communication among team members
* Liaise with the parents, staff and the inter-agency team where
possible. Delivering, a holistic approach that caters for the children
accessing the Early Years Preschool & Baby-room.
* Engage with opportunities to upskill and access relevant training.
* Engage with Team Meetings and reflective practice.
* Perform other reasonable and relevant duties as may be assigned
from time to time.
* To be flexible and adaptable to suit the service needs when
* Practice and follow expected hygiene practices involving, good
hand hygiene and using Personal Protective Equipment.
* Level 5 qualification in Early Years Education or higher.
* Professional certification in Children’s First, First Aid, Hand
hygiene, putting on and taking off PPE equipment (or wiling to engage
in online training seminars during recruitment process.)
* Enrolled on a course that is on the list of DCEDIY Early Years
Recognised Qualifications at level 6, 7 or 8.
* Must have successfully completed at least the first year of the
* Must have successfully completed a practice placement in-person in
an ELC service, previously.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Clear written and verbal communication skills.
* Committed to meeting the needs of vulnerable children and parents.
* Integrity, honesty, confidentiality and builds trust with others.
* Ability to foster and nurture reciprocal interactions with
* Team player and with flexible approach
* Respect for the values and ethos of Coolmine
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements
should send their cover letter, CV & Letter of Eligibility (where
needed) to Leandra O’Malley the Early Years & Childcare Manager at
**Apply on the website** on or before MONDAY 5 DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE
Please quote this application reference code HR/LRK/SDL/EYCW/**APPLY
ON THE WEBSITE**
_COOLMINE THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)