PATIENT SUPPORT VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME ADMINISTRATOR
Location: IHF Head Office, Rathmines /Home
Report to: National Volunteer Manager - NVM
(Patient Support Services)
CONTRACT STATUS: PERMANENT /FULL-TIME
The Irish Heart Foundation is a community of people who fight to
protect the cardiovascular health of everyone in Ireland. Together we
are working to eliminate preventable death and disability from heart
disease and stroke, and to support and care for those living with
these life-changing conditions. We work to achieve this by:
* Caring for and speaking out for people in the community living with
heart conditions and stroke, and their families.
* Innovating and leading in health promotion and prevention to
change health behaviours and reduce cardiovascular risk.
* Building a nation of lifesavers through CPR training.
* Campaigning and advocating for policies that support people to
live healthier lives.
* Information provision.
Our team currently is approx. **Apply on the website** employees and
up to **Apply on the website** volunteers working towards the
Foundation’s vision of a future where no hearts are broken by
preventable heart disease.
Under the supervision and guidance of the IHF National Volunteer
Manager (Patient Support Services Department) the role is to provide
administrative support to the Patient Support Volunteer programme for
approx. 4 days and some limited administration support to the patient
support team for approx. 1 day work per week.
These time requirements may change in line with service developments
and deadlines, so flexibility is required.
As the patient support service grows in line with a new strategy
**Apply on the website**, we will be expanding our volunteer network
to deliver essential supports to people living in the community with
cardiovascular disease. To support this ambition, we require someone
who is organised, patient centred and with excellent time management,
interpersonal and IT skills.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME ADMINISTRATION:
Under the direction of the NATIONAL VOLUNTEER MANAGER, you will
* Liaise with Volunteers from expression of interest sending
volunteer application and relevant information required
* Escalate any queries that may arise by the volunteer throughout
the process to the NVM.
* Update where necessary Volunteer Ireland, and or agencies.
* Organising and scheduling interviews if required for the NVM.
* Create Volunteers profiles on database, record, and track progress
and keeping the volunteer database up to date.
* Assist NVM with the management of the Garda Vetting applications,
ensure all documents are correct, track and record.
* Assist NVM with the management of the IHF Volunteer inbox with
incoming and outgoing queries.
* Assist in organising online Volunteer meetings / Volunteer
Wellbeing Workshops and sending out communications and updates to the
* Keeping the Volunteer group communication email list updated.
* Assisting the NVM with collating of reports for the NVDC
Under the direction of the NATIONAL TRAINING MANAGER, you will
* Support with the scheduling and booking of Volunteer Induction
Training, Refresher Training, or any other relevant Training needs on
the volunteer journey.
* Create a Training Profile for all Volunteers on the database and
record this to ensure all training requirements are met to
* Assist NTM with creation of PowerPoint presentations and collating
OTHER DUTIES WITHIN PATIENT SERVICES TEAM:
Under the direction of the CARDIAC CONDITIONS MANAGER, you will
* Assisting with management of patient data and other administrative
* Assisting with management of Focus Groups.
* Support with administration of Patient Support Services events.
* Cover Patient Support Administrative Team leave.
_This list is not exhaustive and maybe be changed to fulfil the future
needs of the role_
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* A third level qualification in a relevant field or a minimum of 2
years’ experience in a similar role.
* Administration experience in a similar role with a proven track
record working against timescale and deadlines.
* Excellent computer and administration skills and a high level of
proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly SharePoint,
Outlook, Excel, and MS Word.
* Experience working with a CRM or patient management database is a
* Excellent communication skills; written and spoken.
* Ability to prioritise multiple deadlines in a fast-paced
* Experience in desktop publishing, Canva or Photoshop is an
* Ability to always represent the Irish Heart Foundation in a
* Fluent English
* Experience dealing with patients in an administrative role or
setting is desirable but not essential.
* Flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills
* Some experience with event organisation /management and/or project
management is desirable but not essential
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH IRISH HEART FOUNDATION:
Flexible working with our hybrid working model, our team enjoy more
flexibility working from home and our Head office location in
We provide benefits to help you protect your health and financial
security; and give you peace of mind.
* Pension scheme with employer contributions, from day 1 of service
* Life assurance of 4 times base salary with immediate effect
* Income continuance/disability benefit, at no cost to you from day
1 of service
* Paid Maternity leave
* Company sick pay
* Generous annual leave policy including additional company days
* Bike to Work Scheme, Travel Saver Tickets, Excellent public
* Employee assistance Programme
* A wonderful office we are proud of with excellent working, kitchen
and changing facilities
* Events organised by social club and Health and Well-being
* CPR Training for all employees
* Ongoing Training and Development initiatives to help you grow your
career with us
DETAILS OF ROLE AND APPLICATION PROCESS
This is a full-time role permanent role, working Monday to Friday.
The role is a hybrid role, and 2 days are based in the Irish Heart
Foundation’s offices in Rathmines, Dublin, with 3 days working from
To apply please provide an up-to-date curriculum vitae and cover
letter outlining how you suit the post by email to Klara O’Malley,
EMAIL: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for this position is COB **Apply on the website**th
of November **Apply on the website**
_The Irish Heart Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.
The Irish Heart Foundation has a strict no smoking policy._
We need : English (Good)