SCHOOLS BASED YOUTH WORKER
JOB TITLE: Youth Worker - Solas@School
DURATION: initial **Apply on the website**-month contract
HOURS OF WORK: **Apply on the website** hrs a week with weekend and
evening work required
LOCATION: Based in Dublin’s South West Inner City (The Liberties)
SALARY: Range from €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website** to €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
The successful applicant will work within the spirit and values of
Solas Project, the vision of which is an Ireland where all children
and young people truly know their self-worth and can take full
advantage of their potential. We are achieving this through a range of
innovative and holistic interventions from childhood, through
adolescence and into early adulthood. We invite appropriately
qualified individuals to apply who are committed to the healthy
development of young people in Ireland, have a creative approach to
working with our target group, and are enthusiastic about working
within a challenging and innovative environment.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this position is work as part of a team to co-ordinate
and run Solas@School programmes in primary and secondary schools.
Solas@School is a collection of school-based programmes aimed at
preparing and supporting young people impacted by social and
Solas@School provides interactive and educational programmes that are
inclusive and allow young people to be creative, have fun and express
themselves. A key focus of Solas@School is support young people
transition successfully from primary to secondary school. Currently
Solas@School works in **Apply on the website** local primary and
secondary schools focusing supports on young people in 5th and 6th
class in primary school and 1st and 2nd year in secondary school.
As the programme runs with support of a large number of corporate
partners, the Youth Worker will be required to build relationships
with our three key stakeholders – the young people, the schools
(teachers and principals) and with our corporate partners and
* A recognised qualification in one of the following: Youth Work,
Education, Social Work/Care or related discipline.
* Minimum of one year experience of working with young people.
* Passionate about the work of Solas Project and committed to its
vision and values.
* Experience of working with disadvantaged young people in a youth
* Experience of supporting young people and facilitating groups in a
* Understanding and experience of supporting young people impacted
by social and educational disadvantage.
* Experience in coaching or delivering sports programmes.
* Proven track record of ability to attract, motivate and manage
* Innovative approach with the ability to identify and develop new
and fresh ways to support young people that will further the
* Self-starter with a good team ethos and have ability to work on
* Experience of collaboration and building relationships with key
stakeholders (eg. schools, community services, corporate partners).
* Experience of implementing and reviewing programmes involving
* Excellent organisational and IT skills and ability to manage
The Youth Worker will be responsible for the following:
PROGRAMME DELIVERY & DEVELOPMENT
* Oversee the smooth day to day running of all aspects of
Solas@School programmes (Solas Business, Solas College, Solas Sport
and transition programme) including directly facilitating sessions.
* Innovate and develop Solas@School existing programmes and develop
new programmes within the vision of Solas@School.
* Build good working relationships with all stakeholders who play an
essential part in the successful running of Solas@School including but
not limited to schools, teachers, companies, volunteers and
* Manage relationships with corporate volunteers including
delivering training, ensuring volunteers are prepared for their
volunteer experience including an understanding of the disadvantaged
context they will be volunteering in.
* Provide support and supervision to students and volunteers.
* Coordinate and develop all annual events for each aspect of
* Plan activities within the given budget and work withing funding
* Find ways to further integrate the work of Solas@School into the
wider work of Solas Project including joint initiatives with other
COMMUNICATIONS AND FUNDING
* Stewardship of Solas@School donors in conjunction with Leadership
* Assist in researching & securing funding for Solas@School
Programme as required.
* Produce Solas@School communications material as required.
* Communicate with Volunteer Co-ordinator on regular basis, ensuring
an adequate number of volunteers in the programme and work together on
the Garda Vetting process for corporate volunteers.
* Complete reports and implement Monitoring and Evaluation plan for
* Review the programme’s existing policies and update as
GENERAL SOLAS PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist with the running of any of the other project’s programmes
* Ensure Solas Project’s youth work approach is upheld (see
* Be familiar with and abide by the project’s policies and
procedures, including child protection and health and safety
guidelines for workers and volunteers.
* Seek out training and development opportunities and actively
engage with supervision process.
* Contribute to the strategic development of the organisation by
playing an active role in the wider team.
* Ensure that the values and ethos of the project are reflected in a
consistent manner in all activities.
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND A CV AND COVER LETTER TO:
Pete Thompson, Solas Project, Unit 1 Liberty View, Longs Place, Dublin
8 or **Apply on the website** by WEDNESDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** AT 5PM.
First round interviews will take place on the week of **Apply on the
_SOLAS PROJECT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND IS OPEN TO
FLEXIBLE WORKING PRACTICES INCLUDING JOB SHARING. THE POSSESSING OF A
CRIMINAL RECORD DOES NOT PREVENT YOU FROM APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION._
We need : English (Good)