School Completion Programme is an initiative under the Tusla Education
Support Services (TESS), the Child and Family Agency. The programme
aims to have a significant positive impact on levels of pupil
retention in primary and post-primary schools and on the number of
pupils who successfully complete the senior cycle, or equivalent. The
SCP provides supports that discriminate positively in favour of
children and young people who are at risk of early school leaving.
_APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR_
STEPS SCP is based in Our Lady of Lourdes community. The project’s
cluster schools include Our Lady of Lourdes NS, Crescent College
Comprehensive, Colaiste Nano Nagle, St Clement’s College and St
Augustine’s School. We provide in-school, after school, out of
school and holiday provision for children and young people who are
targeted within our programme.
The project is looking to recruit a new project worker. Position is
full time for **Apply on the website** hours per week, excluding
breaks. Training relevant for the position and tasks will be provided
in house and with TESS. Contract for the position will be issued on a
full time fixed term basis for a year at a time, and continue subject
to funding from the department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD:
* Have good knowledge of School Completion Programme and its work
with the target group in the community
* Have a further or higher education qualification in youth and
community work, social care or education.
* Ideally have a minimum of one year’s paid postgraduate
experience in the provision of services for children and young people
* Have experience and understanding of both formal and informal
* Be computer literate, competence in use of Microsoft Office
applications, including database, spreadsheets, word processor, Email
and internet applications is necessary.
* Have the ability to facilitate interventions in an in school, out
of school, after school and holiday provision settings.
* Have the ability to support young people’s positive engagement
* Have good communication skills and willingness to work as part of
* Have empathy for working with people from disadvantaged
* Have the ability to be proactive, use their own initiative and to
work effectively within a dynamic environment.
* Have skills and talents that are transferrable to developing
programmes that will engage students at risk of early school leaving.
* Have a sense of openness to learn from the project staff.
* Have the ability to undertake and follow the requirements of the
day to day work of the project as outlined by the project
* Be in a position to obtain Garda Clearance.
* Ideally have access to car and full drivers licence.
* Be flexible and adaptable as the project requires.
APPLICATION BY CV INCLUDING CURRENT REFERENCES AND COVER LETTER TO THE
CO-ORDINATOR BY EMAIL OR POST TO
STEPS School Completion Programme
3 Garryglass Avenue
Ballinacurra Weston, Limerick
**Apply on the website**
**Apply on the website** – **Apply on the website**
Closing date for applications is Monday **Apply on the website**th
December **Apply on the website** @**Apply on the website**noon, late
applications will not be considered. Job description available on
Facebook: Stepsscp Limerick or by contacting the project co-ordinator.
_STEPS SCP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)