Will work in co-operation with Meath Travellers Workshop, The project
will engage with young people from within The Traveller Community in
Meath, aiming to deter, divert and educate those most at risk of
criminal behavior. Participants will have a better understanding of
the Implications of being involved in crime and disorder, for both
themselves and the wider community.
THE MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE ARE:
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the
Traveller community building up these relationships via recreation and
well being activities.
* Promote positive relationships between the Traveller community and
Probation Services, Involve and the Local Community Guards.
* Develop a local area profile/ needs assessment and identify non
supports which may be required to assist in deterring Local Crime and
to Educate Individuals against Criminal Behaviour.
* Develop and implement a local action which meets the objectives of
* Work with Local Guarda, Involve and the Traveller community to
identify and address issues impacting on Criminal Behaviour and how to
educate Young Travellers against a Life of Crime.
* Develop innovative and creative response to engage with Young
members of the Travelling Community .
* Prepare and produce reports for the local boards of management and
the NTP board / Department of Justice as requested including having an
oversight of the finance.
* Work in partnership with other education projects funded under
Department of Justice and to document and identify the shared learning
to contribute to the development of future programmes for the
* Plan and oversee the development of a number of short videos to be
used on social media to advise what happens when you get involved in
gang activity, drug taking , hate crime and knife crime.
* To include Social action (volunteering) projects, prison visits,
outreach talks with older adult groups , employability skills and
* A working knowledge of the Criminal system in Ireland including
relevant state policies.
* An understanding of the barriers and inequalities the Traveller
community currently face.
* A qualification in Train The Trainer OR Similar .
* A relevant qualification OR experience working in the community
and voluntary sector working directly with communities.
* Appreciation and awareness of community development including
* Good interpersonal skills including building positive working
* Good communications skills including good report writing and
* Good organization and timekeeping.
* A clean driving licence and use of your own car if necessary
* Flexibility in working hours as some events may take place outside
the working week.
* Job Type: Part-time **Apply on the website** Hours Per week
* Salary €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per
* Contract initially for one year subject to ongoing funding .
GARDA VETTING AND COMPLETION OF CHILDREN FIRST WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE
INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD SUBMIT CV and Covering Letter by email
to Leisa HARNETT , COORDINATOR MTW AT **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** BY
5PM, WEDNESDAY 7TH DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)