Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a
stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are
socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service
in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our
services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and
decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership
with central and local government, housing associations and other
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard **Apply
on the website** hour working week, generous leave entitlements, a
pension scheme, and benefits. We support all staff with regular
supervision and core training.
DEPAUL WISHES TO RECRUIT TO THE FOLLOWING ROLE:
ACROSS DUBLIN SERVICES
Part and full time hours available – with the possibility of working
Salary €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**.**Apply on
the website** per annum full time, pro rata for part time hours
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to one of
our Dublin services. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with
a number of homeless services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role
will report to the Local Management Team and will be responsible for
providing administrative support to all the staff at the service. The
ideal candidate for this post will be a good communicator, show an
ability to be flexible, use their initiative and apply sound decision
making skills. A willingness to work as part of a wider team is
essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of
1. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* To be an integral part of the team in the service, in offering
support and care to homeless.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES - SERVICE DELIVERY
* To work as part of the team in the service, ensuring service users
are treated with respect at all times.
* Relay messages for service users and staff
* Manage the intercom/fob system
* Ensure all staff, service users and visitors are made to feel
* Ensure all visitors & staff sign the appropriate Sign In/Sign Out
book on arrival and when departing
* Take delivery of post and distribute post to Service Users and
staff, ensuring all outgoing post is posted each day etc.
* Deal with all enquiries at the desk in a cordial and professional
* Take in service Charge from Service Users, as required, and link
with staff, when service users arrive without due payments (as per the
local Service Charge Management Procedure)
* Keep the reception area in order.
* Maintain the Notice boards in the reception area, ensuring notices
are up-to-date and accurate.
* Any other duties relating to managing the Reception
* Carry out a range of routine clerical activities such as sending
out routine replies, photocopying, fax dissemination, typing letters,
reports and minutes of meetings and other such duties, when requested
by the management
* Provide full administration support to management team
* Support the managers in ensuring all shifts in the rota are
* Oversee the Stationery and Cleaning Products orders and support
the management in Invoice Management.
* Manage service charge records and highlight to management
discrepancies and when service users are falling into arrears.
* Ensure that all administrative duties are carried out in
accordance with the required timelines.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
* Ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the Service
in accordance with the Depaul's Health and Safety policy.
* Record and report all health and safety and security issues, as
appropriate to the role.
* Adhere fully and cooperate with project staff in the management of
any emergency situations, when they arise.
* Work as a member of the team in the best interests of the Service
* Participate fully in Depaul’s and local consultation processes
* Be flexible in regard to working work hours (in agreement and
after negotiation with the management), for the benefit of the
* In conjunction with the management, to continuously develop the
role to ensure all tasks are undertaken in a manner which meets the
strategic aims and objectives of Depaul.
* To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and
attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary.
* To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and
help in identifying your own job-related development and training
* To ensure that all Depaul policies and procedures are being
adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of
Practice and Confidentiality.
* To contribute to the effective implementation of Depaul’s Equal
Opportunities Policy as it affects both Depaul and its work with
* To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner
maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in
accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Depaul.
* Undertake any other duties that may be required which are
commensurate with the role in consultation with the manager.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility
may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles
is required from time to time.
Proficient use of IT required in role, including email in a
2. PERSON REQUIREMENTS
* 1 years’ experience using MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point and
MS – ESSENTIAL
* Experience setting up and maintaining both manual and computerised
* Proven analytical skills and attention to detail.
* An understanding of the current issues facing homeless people
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please apply though our online application process on the vacancies
page of our website
We need : English (Good)