COMMUNITY LEADER/ DIRECTOR
Do you believe in a world where all belong?
L’Arche is an international movement which builds communities with
people with intellectual disabilities. The L’Arche vision is unique
and inspires an ecumenical community, open to people, who share its
values and mission:
* We are people with and without intellectual disabilities sharing
life in communities belonging to an international federation.
* Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our life
* We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our
need of one another.
Mission of L’Arche
* To make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities
revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
* To engage in our diverse cultures working together to build a more
* To foster an environment in communities that is inspired by the
core values in our founding story and that responds to the changing
needs of our members
COMMUNITY LEADER/ DIRECTOR ROLE
We are seeking a Community Leader/ Director of L’Arche Dublin with
an understanding of, and a strong commitment to, the ethos of
L’Arche, which is based on_ celebrating the unique value of every
person and recognising our need of one another._
The Community Leader/Director will have the requisite strategic
insight, visionary leadership, and the strong interpersonal skills
necessary to oversee the provision of existing services as well as the
development of the community to meet emerging needs. The ideal
candidate will have an understanding of HSE policy and HIQA
requirements and other relevant legislation and policies.
L’Arche Dublin is one of 3 L’Arche communities in Ireland,
governed and supported by L’Arche Ireland. The Dublin community
consists of 3 houses all registered with HIQA, which are home to 9
residents and one person who comes in during the day.
There are **Apply on the website** employed and **Apply on the
website** full time volunteer members of the community.
_KEY AREAS OF WORK:_
* The Community leader is required to lead the community and all of
the services in a manner which reflects and develops, promotes and is
in harmony with the ethos and Charter of L’Arche, and the L’Arche
Ireland Mission and Values.
* Effectively representing L’Arche Dublin both publicly and in the
context of L’Arche International, fulfilling its mission.
* Ensuring its strategic development and managing its operations
* Care and Support
* Community values and life
* Work Projects
* Overseeing day to day management
* To carry out all community functions in a collaborative and fully
consultative manner which promotes mutually transformative
relationships and is in line with the policies and procedures of the
Community and of L’Arche Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Please visit our web sites or contact us for further information.
For a job description and further information please contact or to
pursue your interest please call Mairead on **Apply on the
website**/**Apply on the website** or forward a comprehensive CV and
personal statement – stating why you wish to apply for this role and
the skills and attributes you can bring to the role to: **Apply on the
Salary scale this post is aligned to HSE Clerical grade VII DOE
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE ON OR BEFORE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
FEB **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)