WHAT IS THE POSITION
The Service Manager (Person in Charge) must be suitably qualified and
an experienced manager, with responsibility, authority and
accountability for the provision of the service/s with Resilience in
line with relevant regulations.
He/she is the person with the responsibility for the day to day
operation of service/s within his/her remit. The manager (PIC) will
manage residential services in accordance with “National Standards
for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities
(January **Apply on the website**) and the “Health Act **Apply on
the website** (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for
Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations **Apply
on the website**. To listen to, learn from, support and work to
achieve the priorities of our service users. To provide them with a
home-from-home and the opportunity to live life to their full
The Manager may also be responsible for other community based services
within his/her area such as Supporting Independent Living or Outreach
LOCATION: Ard na Gaoithe Residential Service, Rathcormac, FERMOY & The
Meadows, Mallow, County Cork
Type of contract: Full-time permanent (**Apply on the website** hours
Since **Apply on the website** high-growth Irish company Resilience
has continued to lead the way in transforming health and social care
in Ireland. Our essence is to help build resilience in the people we
support to bring the possible to life.
Our SOCIAL CARE division is providing progressive Residential, Day
and Outreach Services for people with Disabilities and Autism –
Helping people to realise their potential. We’re looking for
passionate people to join our PERMANENT TEAM and build a future in
rewarding work that truly changes lives. You’ll enjoy a supportive
environment that helps you realise your own potential, and with access
to upskilling and best practice training you’ll grow and develop
* RNID/Degree in Applied Social Studies in Social Care or
* Hold or be willing to complete a post registration management
qualification in health or a related field.
* Not less than 3 years' experience in a management capacity in the
health and Social Care area.
* Level of knowledge and experience of dealing with HIQA.
* Experience of working in a care environment for adults and
children with Intellectual Disabilities and/or Autism.
* Knowledge of Children First, FOI, GDPR, Disability Act and other
legislation relevant to this role / knowledge of HIQA and other
standards as relevant to this role.
* Experience of and ability to manage resources including budget.
ASSESSMENT & CARE PLAN
* To carry out assessments as required on people referred to
Resilience for health and social care services.
* To ensure each service users’ needs are set out in an individual
support plan which is developed in consultation with the individual
and relevant others. To review and update care-plan as and when
required but no less than annually.
* To ensure that each service user has access to medical treatment as
and when required. To ensure that safe practices are maintained in the
safe administration of medication. Conduct regular audits against
written standard in order to identify non-conformances and implement
RESPECT & RELATIONSHIPS
* Respect and develop internal and external professional
relationships at all times.
* To ensure that at all times the numbers of staff and skill mix are
appropriate to the assessed needs of the service users.
* To enable staff to access training and ensure all staff are
adequately certifiably trained and competent
* To ensure staff are familiar with the Health Act, the
regulation’s, standards, Statement of Purpose & Function and
Policies and Procedures.
* Provide staff with 1:1 meetings and keep accurate records
* Support individual and team performance
* Abide by the internal and external communication and reporting
* Audit and review service user records
* Maintain professional records
* Develop and maintain positive communication links with relevant
personnel (internal and external).
* Maintain positive and welcoming relationships with family, friends
and other service providers if relevant.
* Communicate effectively any observations/concerns that may affect
service users and the safe running of the service.
* Report any concerns to the relevant authorities within the
* To be an active leader and role model of the team.
* Contribute to and maintain an effective team.
* Organise and participate in meetings, reviews and committees as
* Seek and provide guidance from others for work performed
WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY
* To be aware of and practice the correct use of all aids and
appliances and to ensure that staff are, at all times, adequately and
certifiably trained and competent.
* Ensure all accidents/incidents are reported and documented in line
with internal and external reporting requirements. To review all
incidents in consultation with the staff team, Behaviour Support
Specialist, and Clinical Risk Manager.
* To be aware of the reporting requirements of the National
Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with
Disabilities (January **Apply on the website**) and the “Health Act
**Apply on the website** (Care and Support of Residents in Designated
Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities)
Regulations **Apply on the website**
* Be aware and actively promote the company’s duty to employees
under the Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act **Apply on the
* Ensure that faulty equipment and fittings are repaired in a timely
* Ensure that all staff have adequate knowledge of emergency actions
* Ensure fire and safety precautions are implemented and maintained.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
* Familiarise and maintain knowledge and understanding of the
relevant organisational and service policies, procedures and
GENERAL WELFARE AND PROTECTION
* To make all necessary arrangements to prevent service users from
being harmed or from suffering abuse, this will include training of
staff and complying with relevant policies and procedures. To report
any concerns within the required time scales.
* To embrace change in line with the principle of continuous
improvement and play an active role in the development and direction
To effectively manage the service resources within budget provided.
* An unrivalled opportunity to lead a high calibre team to achieve
success within a new service where our aim is to ensure that each
person we support achieves their optimum potential.
* Competitive salary.
* Health Insurance.
* Permanent contract.
* **Apply on the website** days' annual leave
* Comprehensive learning & development program.
* Working alongside and constantly supported by an experienced
leadership team with an established track record in this area.
Please send a CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** with subject line
‘Residential Service Manager/PIC – Fermoy and Mallow, Co. Cork.
_RESILIENCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)