ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* The Youth Worker is responsible for the running of an open-door,
age-appropriate service available 5 days a week.
* The delivery of Drug education & Prevention programmes. As a group
& one to one
* Part of the work in this position will take place on some evenings
and weekends, during school holidays and involves the development of
new programmes to engage UBU target groups.
* To identify, engage and support the needs of targeted young people
aged **Apply on the website**
* To develop and deliver planned programmes to our UBU target
* To participate in interagency and collaborative work with other
relevant youth services
* Be responsible for all UBU reporting.
* To act as an advocate for young people & CARP
* Use a Harm Reduction approach
* Goal setting using Motivational Interviewing & CRA Protocols
* A professional qualification in Community & Youth Work or a
relevant field is essential.
* Candidates must have at least 3 years direct paid work experience
with young people.
* A minimum of 3 years’ practical experience of working with young
people and families who experience disadvantage.
* Experience of working with young people on a one-to-one basis and
in groups is essential.
* Experience of facilitating evidence-based evidence informed
programmes for young people.
* Knowledge of the needs of children and families, with a particular
emphasis on young people living in disadvantage.
* Have knowledge and experience of the UBU funding application
* An understanding of NQSF and NYS outcomes is desirable.
* Have experience using the CRA/ACRA approach
* Experience supporting young people to access drug rehabilitation
* Minimum Level 7 Qualification in one of the following: youth/
community work, social care, addiction studies or a related discipline
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Excellent communication, planning, organizational, networking and
report writing skills.
* Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work on own initiative
but seek guidance as appropriate.
* Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
* Positive, solution-focused approach.
Full-time Contract is based on a one-year period initially subject to
6-month probation period. Salary: CDYSB Youth Worker Rates based on
relevant experience. This position is subject to Garda Vetting and
Short listing of candidates may take place. Late applications will not
PLEASE APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** NO LATER THAN
FRIDAY FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH AT 5PM.
We need : English (Good)