JOB TITLE: HUGG TELEPHONE SUPPORT CALLER
POSTS AVAILABLE: Part Time - 8 HOURS PER WEEK
CLOSING DATE: **Apply on the website**st January **Apply on the
Email CV and cover letter to **Apply on the website**
Subject: Telephone Support
PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE: Interviews will be held week commencing 6th
February **Apply on the website**
BASE: Work remotely from home
EMPLOYER: HUGG – Healing Untold Grief Groups CLG
ORGANIZATIONAL AREA: Nationwide
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: HUGG CEO
PURPOSE OF POST
HUGG is committed to the development and delivery of peer support
groups for any adult who has been bereaved or affected by suicide,
right across Ireland. All of our HUGG groups are led by trained
volunteers with a lived experience of suicide bereavement.
This goal is in line with the National Office for Suicide
Prevention’s (NOSP) national strategy to reduce suicide in Ireland
as identified in _Connecting for Life **Apply on the website** i.e.
_‘To provide support for those bereaved by suicide’ .
We are seeking an individual, with a lived experience of suicide, to
work with HUGG to provide INTIAL TELEPHONE SUPPORT TO THOSE CONTACTING
HUGG looking for suicide bereavement support. This person will have a
hands-on approach and the capacity to work unsupervised and make
* The post holder will be responsible for telephoning suicide
bereaved individuals who have contacted HUGG looking for support.
* They will provide information on HUGG’s services and allocate
people to a HUGG support group and/or signpost the person to other
bereavement support services if required.
* They will contribute towards the continued development of HUGG’s
support services for adults bereaved by suicide in Ireland.
* Work under the direction of the HUGG Groups Manager.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
* A commitment to suicide bereavement support informed by a lived
experience of suicide.
* Experience of active involvement in the voluntary sector.
* SafeTALK or ASIST training.
* Grief, bereavement or suicide prevention training
* Experience of telephone support
* Two appropriate references (past employer, work colleague,
voluntary organisation, educator).
* Willingness to train in specific programmes as relevant to the
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND/OR KNOWLEDGE
* A understanding of suicide and grief education
* An understanding of the role of suicide bereavement support
* Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
* Capacity to work on own initiative and seek support as required
* Good working knowledge of IT including the use of Microsfoft
* Good working knowledge of a smart phone
* Experience of a CRM system e.g. SalesForce (desirable)
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work on own initiative
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
* Confident communicator and active listener
* Empathic, compassionate and caring
* Awareness of own personal boundaries and importance of selfcare.
* The ability to interact professional manner with other staff and
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To respond to all enquiries from people who wish to join a HUGG
group, offering intial telephone support and assigning them to a HUGG
group and/or signposting to additional support services.
* Liasing with the Suicide Bereavment Liaison Service when dealing
with direct referrals.
* Informing HUGG Group Facilitators, HUGG Group Manager &
Administrator of new group member allocation.
* Monitor HUGG group attendance numbers to ensure HUGG groups
maintain an intimate environment.
* To recognise geographical areas that require a HUGG group.
* To participate in a 1 hour online weekly staff meeting.
* To maintain, monitor and store relevant information on enquirers
in line with current legislation in a CRM system, in a timely and
* To provide feedback and information on all HUGG enquiries and
outcomes as required.
* Support the empowerment of the suicide bereaved and family
members/supporters through their participation in HUGG group
* To work in accordance with all policy, procedures and guidelines
* To participate in and provide input into Suicide Bereavement
Improvement committees and initiatives as an Expert by Experience
locally and nationally on occasion and as agreed.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list
of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be
required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may
be assigned from time to time and to contribute to the development of
the post while in office.
COMPETITION SPECIFIC SELECTION PROCESS
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of information supplied
in your curriculum vitae and letter of application at the closing
The criteria for short listing is based on the requirements of the
post as outlined in the eligibility criteria and skills, competencies
and knowledge section of this job specification.
REMUNERATION: €8,**Apply on the website** per annum (8 hours per
ANNUAL LEAVE: 4 days
PROBATION: 6 month probationary period
We need : English (Good)