POSITION: Full-time, **Apply on the website**.5 hours per week
CONTRACT: **Apply on the website** months Specified Purpose Contract
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** to
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum,
depending on level of experience
REPORTING TO: Active Programme Manager (and Active Programme Assistant
Manager in her absence).
DIRECT REPORTS: Active Programme FitLine Administrator, and Active
Programme FitLine mentors
LOCATION: Hybrid. The candidate may be required to travel nationally
and also attend regular meetings in our Dublin office
Age & Opportunity is the national organisation that provides a range
of opportunities for older people who want to get more involved in
arts and culture, sport and physical activity, civic engagement and
personal development. Our mission is to enable the best quality of
life for us all as we age. Our vision is of an Ireland where all older
people can be more active, more visible, more creative, more
connected, more confident, more often.
We have an opportunity for a candidate who is highly motivated, with a
strong project management and volunteer management background, to join
our Active Programme team as FitLine Coordinator, to lead on the
further development and nationwide expansion of our FitLine
initiative. FitLine is a free telephone support service, delivered by
volunteer mentors, who encourage older people to start being
physically active and maintain physical activity as part of their
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead on the further development and nationwide expansion of the
FitLine initiative in conjunction with the Active Programme Manager
and Assistant Manager.
* Lead on the development of local FitLine hubs nationally.
* Manage and support all FitLine mentor volunteers.
* Manage the recruitment of volunteer mentors in conjunction with
the HR Manager and provide induction training and ongoing training and
support to mentors.
* Be responsible for the recruitment of FitLine participants in
conjunction with the wider Active team and with the support of the
* Be aware of safeguarding FitLine staff, mentors and participants.
* Oversee the FitLine administration function and assist with
administration where required.
* Be responsible for setting up new FitLine centres.
* Visit FitLine centres on a regular basis (within Covid-**Apply on
the website** protocols).
* Manage the data input on Form Assembly by mentors.
* Manage and input data and extract reports from Salesforce CRM
* Develop relationships with healthcare professionals, LSPs, social
prescribers, other local agencies and partner organisations, to
enhance the expansion of FitLine.
* Work closely with the Policy, Research and Evaluation Manager on
the ongoing evaluation of the FitLine initiative.
* Work closely with the Communications Manager on the promotion of
FitLine through various media platforms.
* Liaise with the Active Programme Manager in relation to the
FitLine initiative budget.
* Organise and contribute to the organisation of events including
training activities, seminars or conferences in conjunction with the
Active Programme Manager and the Communications Manager.
* Ensure that confidentiality is respected by staff and mentors.
* Ensure adherence to legislation, regulations and defined quality
standards on all projects undertaken.
* Follow the policies and procedures outlined in Age &
Opportunity’s Employee Handbook, Policies and Procedures Manual,
Internal Financial Controls and Procedures and Safety Statement.
* Commit to the purpose of Age & Opportunity, and work within the
values of the organisation.
* Participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
* Actively participate in full team meetings.
* Show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to
meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be
* Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational
change, development and review of best practice.
* Participate in and engage with a performance management programme.
* Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in
training opportunities appropriate to the role.
* Contribute as an active member of the Age & Opportunity team, to
the development and support of other initiatives within the
organisation where relevant.
* Promote and represent Age & Opportunity on committees and at
events as requested.
* Operate within agreed budgets seeking authorisation for
expenditure and be accountable for such expenditure authorised and
ensure the appropriate coding of expenses.
* Provide written reports as per deadlines requested.
* Undertake any other tasks as will from time to time be requested
This person specification sets out the various criteria which are
desirable or essential for the post and by which we will assess your
A third level qualification in a relevant field is desirable.
* Experience in project and people management is essential.
* At least 2 years’ experience in the area of health and
wellbeing, physical activity or sport is essential.
* At least 2 years’ administration experience is essential.
* Experience in using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce is
* Strong interest in the area of older people’s health, physical
activity or sport.
* A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to
engage with a range of people.
* Excellent administration skills and attention to detail.
* An ability to analyse information and communicate in a concise and
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* High level computer literacy and competency in Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and a CRM system.
* Full drivers licence and use of a car.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is in the range of €**Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website** to €**Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website**, depending on level of experience.
Age & Opportunity offers the following benefits in addition to salary:
* Excellent working conditions in our Dublin office with a hybrid
working model in place.
* An 8% employer’s contribution to pension (subject to a minimum
4% employee contribution).
* Annual leave of **Apply on the website** days.
* Closure of the office on Good Friday and Christmas Eve (gift
* Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programme.
* Opportunity to avail of continuous professional development
training specific to the role as deemed appropriate.
* Travel (bike to work scheme, tax saver commuter tickets).
The complete list of terms and conditions will be made available to
the candidate offered the role.
Please send your CV and cover letter, outlining how you match the
above criteria, by email to **Apply on the website**
Deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday the 3rd of March
**Apply on the website**.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday the **Apply on the website**th of
Shortlisting will apply.
_AGE & OPPORTUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)