JOB TITLE 2 X OUTREACH PROJECT WORKERS – SOPHIA
LOCATION Sophia Housing, Tallaght, Dublin **Apply on the website**
ABOUT SOPHIA: Sophia is a national organisation that has been
supporting people as they emerge from homelessness since **Apply on
Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees
the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to
homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused
on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to
provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need
a home but also present with other support needs.
Sophia recognises that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on
people and that services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma
REPORTING TO Project Manager
CONTRACT Fixed Term – Specified Purpose
HOURS **Apply on the website** hours per week
The core hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with some flexibility
required from time to time
To provide support and be responsible for ongoing tenancy sustainment
supports, for tenants with mental health and other complex support
The role involves providing Tenancy Sustainment work to SDCC tenants
to support them to remain in their homes
* To commit to the objectives and ethos of Sophia
* To ensure tenants are supported in their existing homes
* To support tenants, as appropriate, to help maintain their mental
* To complete needs assessment and devise support plans through the
use of appropriate assessment and planning tools, with the tenant
taking a central role in the process
* To decide on the appropriate level of contact/support for each
tenant particularly those who need intensive support to deal with
major issues and maintain that contact/support based on a regular
assessment of the tenant’s needs
* To work in partnership with community mental health teams, to
ensure that tenants can have the best possible outcomes in regard to
* To liaise and work in partnership with other agencies involved
* To ensure that each tenant is supported to access training,
employment and avail of education opportunities identified through the
support planning process
* To support tenants to meet responsibilities in regard to payment
* To support tenants to maintain their home to a reasonable standard
and that repairs/faults are reported by the tenant to SDCC Repairs
* To support tenants to fulfil their responsibilities as detailed in
their tenancy agreements
* To support each tenant to develop a full awareness of his/her
potential, skills, interests and talents
* To support tenants to fully integrate in their community
* To develop and maintain positive working relationships with
partner organisations such as Mental Health teams, Local authorities
and other Housing Associations and Community Supports
* To create a professional relationship with tenants in order to
provide a space where they feel comfortable talking about their
* To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to
* To attend relevant meetings as requested by funders and to
participate in training as required.
* To travel to National meetings as required.
* To participate in the recruitment, induction and on-going
training, support and direction of Volunteers, Students and Trainees
* To prepare monthly and quarterly reports and/or as requested by
management and funders.
* To provide professional supervision to trainees as required.
* To liaise and work effectively with relevant personnel in Sophia
Housing, and other relevant agencies; e.g. Local Authority, Health
Service Executive etc.
* To adhere to Policy and Procedures within the service and direct
assistants to do the same.
* To keep up to date with relevant legislation, policies and
* To adhere to the annual budget for the Project
* To adhere to the Service Level Agreements for the Project and to
ensure the return of data and information agreed with funders.
* To provide information as required for grant applications to fund
the services and costs of the service in your region. To provide
information to funders on expenditure of grants.
* To promote networking with appropriate voluntary and statutory
HEALTH & SAFETY:
* To ensure that necessary fire, health and safety policies and
procedures are adhered to.
* To adhere to procedures those are in place for responding to
emergencies within the projects
* To adhere to lone working procedures and assess safety before
engaging in lone working
* A degree in a social care or a related discipline i.e. addiction,
social work, psychology
* At least two years’ experience working with this client group
* An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless
and sustaining a tenancy
* Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and
* The ability to work on own initiative
* Proficient IT Skills and knowledge with a database
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and
written are essential.
* To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
* A full clean driver’s licence and use of a car to visit service
users in their homes.
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for receipt of applications is MONDAY, **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)