WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
SOLAS ÓG SUPPORT WORKER - MODH EILE HOUSE
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A PART OF SOLAS ÓG THE CHILDREN AND YOUNG
PEOPLE’S SUPPORT TEAM FOR MODH EILE HOUSE, THE NEW HOME OF COPE
GALWAY’S DOMESTIC ABUSE SERVICE?
Solas Óg is a service for children and young people up to **Apply on
the website** years of age who have lived with domestic abuse in their
lifetime. We offer therapeutic support on a one-to-one level or in a
group. We offer this support at Modh Eile House or in a safe location
in Galway city and county. Education in relation to healthy and
unhealthy relationships is key for young people and we facilitate out
workshops in secondary schools in Galway city and county.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?...
We are looking for a Solas Óg Support Worker - someone who has the
passion to work as part of a team. Someone who will work towards
ensuring that our service is welcoming, supportive and a safe place
for children who visit us and who stay in our refuge or who we support
in the community.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?...
We are offering you an opportunity to be part of a team that is
adaptive, who responds to the needs of the children and young people,
and of a service that is open to exploring opportunities for best
practice regarding children and young people.
We offer you training in the areas of understanding Domestic abuse,
therapeutic play skills to support the one-to-one work, Induction
training in relation to group work and facilitation of school
workshops. We offer one to one supervision and group supervision to
support you in your work.
* Training in Trauma Informed Practice
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
* Additional specific counselling hours if required
* Employee benefits such a special rate at gyms
* Income Protection
A DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION OUTLINES THE FULL
CRITERIA REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION AND INCLUDES:
* A 3rd level qualification in Social Studies or equivalent
* A demonstrable commitment to women and children and a proven
interest and experience in the area of Domestic Violence and Abuse,
having worked in a refuge or similar type environment
* Has worked with disadvantaged children and children experiencing
problems within their families due to violence or abuse for at least
* Experience in supporting mothers who need guidance in relation to
how best to support their children developmentally and emotionally
* An ability to manage oneself in a stressful environment and to
work effectively in crisis situations
* Full knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations which
inform work with children
* Experience of strong interagency working and joint service
* Hold full drivers’ licence and have the use of a vehicle
HOURS OF WORK: **Apply on the website** hours per week, over 6 days
CONTRACT: full time contract
ANNUAL LEAVE: **Apply on the website** day per annum pro rata
Job Description and Person Specification and Application Form are
available to download from our website
We need : English (Good)