REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
* Work up to **Apply on the website** hours per week.
* Level 6 QQI minimum requirement in Early Childhood Care and
* Mandatory certs and required training to include- Manual Handling
FAR/ First Aid Training, Child protection- children first safeguard
training, Fire safety training , Aistear and Siolta training, GDP
* FT rate - **Apply on the website** Euro P/H
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR CV, QUALIFICATIONS, AND WRITTEN REFERENCES TO
SARAH AT **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FULL-TIME CHILD-CARE PRACTITIONER:
The childcare practitioner will be responsible for the general
supervision/ leading of a group of children between the ages of
**Apply on the website** Years. In the role of the practitioner, it
will be to take a friendly approach, be sensitive to the feelings and
needs of the children / families, be able to relate well to children,
and be willing to fulfil responsibilities in accordance with Fatima
Daycare services philosophy. A child caregiver is responsible for
reporting any concerns to the team leader / manager. Responsibilities
will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE JOB -
* Caring for the children’s daily requirements, always needs and
* Assisting in the planning, supervising in accordance with the
policy and ethos of the centre.
* Planning and implementing the curriculum to the needs of the
individual children, with concern for their interests, challenges,
special talents, and individual styles and paces of learning.
* Assisting in the planning and preparing of the childcare
environment, setting up in relation to the children’s interests and
preparing needed materials and supplies, help to create a stimulating
* Supervising and encouraging the children in their holistic
* Helping children become aware of their roles as integral members
of a group.
* Being responsible for the ordered arrangement and upkeep of the
learning environment in the childcare classrooms.
* To be responsible under the direction of the manager for specific
areas within the service.
* Respect all parents, children and families and be professional at
* Carrying out general day to day tasks & to work on one’s own
* To carry out daily cleaning duties as required.
* Maintaining professional manner and loyalty to centre.
* Attending all staff meetings and recommended training programs and
* Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
* Observe all procedures in terms of care and welfare of the
children and report all aspects of concerns to the manager.
* Knowledge and experience working with small infants and children.
* Knowledge and the reporting of safety issues concerning infants
and children/ reporting of child illnesses.
* To promote good health, safety and hygiene standards within the
crèche and to follow all policies and procedures when dealing with
* Skills in time management.
* Skills in remaining calm under pressure.
* Ability to be flexible with infant/child routines/Ability to react
and move quickly.
* Ability to get along with co-workers & work as part of a team.
* Be flexible in working with different age groups.
* Be perceptive and aware of all children in your care, observe,
document when required.
* Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with parents.
* Keep up to date with all daily, monthly, and yearly planning and
* All childcare assistants must have completed a minimum of QQI
Level 5 in Early Childhood Care and Education.
* All childcare Room leaders must have completed a minimum of QQI
Level 6 in Early Childhood Care and Education
* All staff must complete Garda clearance before commencing work in
* All staff must be certified in mandatory training: First aid,
manual handling, Children first safeguard training, fire safety
training certification – To inform management when certs are due to
expire and to be responsible to keep up to date.
* Skills to include-To be good communicator, To be motivated and
enthusiastic about working with children, to be dependable flexible,
* Fulltime staff members are responsible for both the opening and
closing off their rooms- some extra duties can include cleaning all
surfaces/ materials/disinfecting mats, sweeping floors, reporting to
parents, to stay back with a child if running late.
* Full time staff are required to be available throughout their
lunch break hour in case needed in the rooms.
We need : English (Good)