Would you like to work for a great employer? Gateway Community Care
is an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of
children and adults with disabilities in the West of Ireland. We are
currently seeking highly motivated SOCIAL CARE WORKERS to join our
new respite service which we are opening in Boyle, Co. Roscommon.
CONTRACT TYPE: These are permanent contracts.
CONTRACT HOURS: Full time & part time.
LOCATION: Boyle, Roscommon
SALARY SCALE: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** to
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
OVERVIEW OF THE POST:
To work as part of a dedicated and innovative team in:
* A community-based house providing respite and holiday breaks for
Adults with Intellectual disabilities and or Autism, within a quality
* Residential Services providing a service to service user in line
with HIQA regulations & standards.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Have at least one year of experience of working and supporting with
individuals with intellectual disabilities.
* Have experience of Person-Centred planning.
* Have proven organisational, leadership, communication,
* teambuilding skills.
* Be committed to pro-actively supporting service users in their
daily lives and
* Experience working with families, clinicians and building links in
* Experience implementing positive support programmes.
* Experience in focusing on promoting independence and
* community integration.
* Knowledge of current social care policies and sectoral and
national changes related
* to disability services.
* The capacity to follow, assess, and participate to the continual
* strategies and tactics for meeting the ongoing requirements of
* Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong report writing skills.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts or higher in Applied Social
* Full Irish driving license.
* Flexible availability - including weekend work, day shifts and
As a staff member of Gateway Community Care, you will have access to a
range of benefits, including:
* Excellent training opportunities
* Competitive salary and incremental pay scale
* Income protection policy
* Premium Sunday and Bank Holiday rates
* Excellent staffing ratio’s
* Dedicated supported team and access to a knowledgeable
* Career progression
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV TO **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** OR CALL **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
We need : English (Good)