GATEWAY RESIDENTIAL CARE are looking for a motivated, self driven
individual to join our team as a TEAM LEADER in our CHILDREN'S
RESIDENTIAL SERVICE. Their role will be to work directly with the
Centre Management Team to assist in ensuring the day?to?day
management of the residential Centre. We are looking for someone with
a passion for supporting young people who are unable to live with
their own families. The team leader will act as a link between the
staff team and the PIC / Dep Manager, facilitating an open, honest,
and reflective communication flow. The ideal candidate will have good
communication skills and a natural ability to lead a team to reach its
SALARY SCALE: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website**-€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
* TESSAN, CO. SLIGO
* STROKESTOWN, CO. ROSCOMMON
* DROMAHAIR, CO. LEITRIM
CONTRACT TYPE: THESE ARE PERMANENT CONTRACTS.
CONTRACT HOURS: FULL TIME
* The aim of this role is to work directly with young people and to
work both assisting and standing in for the manager/ deputy manager as
* To assist the management team in creating and maintaining a
caring, safe, stable and professional environment for both the young
people to live in and the staff to work in.
* To take a lead role alongside the PIC and DM in liaising with
professionals re: care plans, placement plans, advocating for all
residents, complaints, child protection concerns, significant events,
registration and inspection, future development of the centre etc.
* Be responsible for coordinating the keywork process for young
people, ensuring that this is proactive, meaningful and in line with
young people’s assessed needs.
* Be responsible for certifying that young people’s right to
access their information is promoted and facilitated by the staff
team, within the permitted boundaries.
* To ensure that families of the young people receive quality inputs
and that there is an inclusivity where permitted regarding the
decisions being made about the young people.
* The TL must promote and encourage all permitted access visits for
the young person with their families.
* All young people should be seen to be given equal opportunity
regarding Education. The TL will be responsible for ensuring the staff
team are promoting education at all times. This includes attendance,
relationships with the schools, attending educational meetings on
behalf of the young person and advocating for the young persons
* The TL will be responsible for ensuring that a warm homely
environment is created for all young people. Ensuring that the highest
presentation of the centre is maintained and they will be expected to
be actively involved in delegating the cleaning schedule and also
ensuing the grounds are maintained at all times.
* Candidates must have no less than 3 years’ experience working in
social care with children / young persons’ in a residential setting.
* Full Clean Drivers’ license
* Minimum level 7 Social Care Degree
ALTERNATIVE QUALIFICATIONS ACCEPTED:
* Level 8 in Psychology
* Level 7 in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy
* Level 7 in Counselling
* Professional qualification in:
* Youth and Community Work
* Social Work
* Social Sciences Teaching & Nursing
* Addiction studies
* Excellent training opportunities
* Competitive salary and incremental pay scale
* Income protection policy
* Premium Sunday and Bank Holiday rates
* Career progression
* Dedicated supported team
TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE IN ANY OF THE ABOVE LOCATIONS, PLEASE SUBMIT
YOUR CV TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)