TRAVELLER SUPPORT WORKER (CONTRACT)
TALLAGHT AREA (CROSSCARE TALLAGHT TRAVELLERS YOUTH SERVICE), IRELAND
DETAILS OF INITIATIVE
Tallaght Travellers Youth Service has secured funding for a Traveller
Support Worker ---- hours per week to assist parents from the
Traveller community in accessing information and supports as needed.
The successful candidate will also be trained as a co-facilitator in
Parents Plus Early Years programme, with the aim of supporting parents
participating in group Parent Plus programmes.
This position has been funded by the Department for Children,
Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth through the _What Works_
programme, Tusla and the HSE.
The successful candidate will undertake training relevant to the role.
The position will run to for one year with the possibility of being
extended subject to funding.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE POST
The Traveller Support Worker will identify families in the Traveller
community who need support and work with them. They will assist and
also co-facilitate the Parents Plus Early Years programme with the
Family Link Worker when required.
_APPLICATIONS WILL BE SOUGHT IN THE FIRST INSTANCE FROM MEMBERS OF THE
TRAVELLER COMMUNITY _
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support strong working relationships with and between the local
Traveller parents, Traveller organisations, local community and
voluntary organisations including Family Resource Centres, youth
services, counselling, Tusla Prevention Partnership & Family Support,
South Dublin County Council and Health Service Executive
* To train as a Co-facilitator in the Parents Plus Early Years
* The successful candidate will undertake on the job training to
carry out their duties effectively.
* To assist and co-facilitate group Parents Plus Early Years
* Undertake tasks agreed by the Crosscare Tallaght Travellers Youth
* Assist with administrative duties
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list
of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be
required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may
be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the
development of the post while in office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE
Successful applicants proceeding to interview will have the following:
* An understanding of how to support Traveller families in culturally
* Experience, paid or voluntary, in supporting members of the
* A competent literacy skill level.
* A general knowledge of computers and communication technology.
* Demonstrate good communication skills.
* Demonstrate good leadership skills.
* Demonstrate an ability to promote an understanding of Traveller
Parenting experience within the partner agencies.
* Experience of working as part of a team.
* A Level 5 qualification in a related field, e.g. social care,
youth work, community development work etc.
Each candidate and any person holding the office must be of good
The candidate must be at least **Apply on the website** years of age.
No upper age limit shall apply.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND/OR KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to work with other staff as part of a team and build
relations within the team, with the Traveller Community and relevant
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Previous relevant work experience, in a paid or voluntary
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to manage timekeeping, meet deadlines and commit to being
a reliable member of a team.
* Commitment to the provision of a quality service and bringing
about better outcomes for members of the Traveller Community.
* Understanding of challenges impacting on the Traveller community
and to help others understand these, including the ability to identify
and challenge discrimination and racism.
* The management of confidential information appropriately is
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE: To successfully complete Garda
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC SELECTION PROCESS
SHORTLISTING / INTERVIEW
Short listing of candidates will be based on the requirements of the
post as outlined in this Job Description. Therefore, it is very
important that candidates outline how they fit this Job Description in
the application form AVAILABLE FROM **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** OR
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Failure to include information regarding these requirements may result
in candidates not being called forward to the next stage of the
Those successful at the shortlisting stage of this process will be
called forward to interview
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: **Apply on the website**th February
**Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 1st March **Apply on the website**
PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE(S): 9th March **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)