DIGITAL UNIT SUPERVISOR, LIMERICK
WORKING WEEK: FULL TIME (**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK)
We have a new opportunity for a Digital Unit Supervisor, Limerick to
join our Services team. We are looking for a highly motivated and
committed individual who can work on their own initiative and as part
of a team.?If you have the outlined knowledge, skills and experience,
then we would love to hear from you. Should you feel you are suitably
qualified and experienced, then please forward your CV to?**Apply on
the website**?by **Apply on the website**th March **Apply on the
CONTRACT TYPE: 2 YEAR FIXED TERM
REPORTING LINE: CHILDLINE MANAGER/DIRECTOR OF SERVICES
OUR CORE PURPOSE
ISPCC is for children. We are here to build a nation of resilient
children. Our vision is that every child has the skills to cope with
life?s ups and downs. In pursuing this, our mission is that every
child who wants to connect with us, can, when and how they want to.
CORE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Board of ISPCC Childline has recently approved a new, innovative,
strategy that seeks to ensure that every child in Ireland can access
our support where and when they need it. Our support services are
branded as ?Childline? and have an ethos based on building
resilience. This is a significant ambitious programme, underpinned by
digital transformation and fundraising growth that will futureproof
our charity by ensuring we remain relevant to our key audience ? the
1.2m children and young people under the age of **Apply on the
website** in Ireland.
Across the country our team of Childline Regional Supervisors mobilise
and develop our wonderful Childline volunteers. Based in Limerick this
role presents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, people
centric individual to join the team at the ISPCC Childline for a
Maternity Leave contract.
The following job description is not intended to be a comprehensive
list of all duties involved in the role. Consequently, the successful
candidate may, on occasion, be required to perform other duties as
appropriate to the post.
* To be responsible for the development of the regional Childline
unit in their area.
* To provide a service that responds to children that is
non-judgmental and non ? problem centered in focus.
* To ensure that volunteers are recruited and trained to meet the
demands placed on the service and in line with service contracts.
* To be responsible for the supervision and management of volunteers
within their area, ensuring that the service is of high quality and is
child-centered in its practice with children.
* To ensure that on going training is implemented at least 4 times a
year with volunteers and that the professional development of
volunteers is facilitated by the agency.
* To model ?best practice? for volunteers within the service and
ensure the regions quality standard.
* To be accountable for the units that have been developed ensuring
that service contracts are achieved.
* To act at all times within ISPCC policy and practice guidelines
and to take immediate appropriate action if a child is at risk.
* To complete outreaches in schools, youth clubs etc. developing
awareness of the Childline service.
* To ensure that accurate and efficient records are maintained to
include employees and volunteer rosters.
* To engage in any other duties requested by the Organisation. This
includes involvement in the Organisation?s campaigning and lobbying,
training and research, public education and fundraising initiatives
* To attend national Childline meetings and Regional team meetings
* Complete on call and support line duties and work in line with
ISPCC Safeguarding policy and procedures.
* Participate actively in fundraising events run by the organisation
and in particular the volunteer fundraising events
* To actively participate in all the organisations campaigns
* Candidates should possess an Honours Bachelor?s degree (Level 8)
qualification in one of the following fields: -
* Psychology, Child Psychology, Psychotherapy, Counselling or related
Social Science fields.
* Good IT skills & knowledge of Web Counselling
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Candidates should have a minimum of two years experience of working
* Experience of Leadership and engaging employees and/or volunteers
* Experience of recruitment
* Experience of working with volunteers
* Experience of on ? line communication with children & young
* Candidates must be able to demonstrate a Theoretical and practical
knowledge of: child development, developmental psychology and related
assessment and intervention processes.
* Knowledge of online service provision
* Candidates should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of
children?s legislation with regard to child protection and
* Superior organisational and planning abilities
* Excellent time-management with the ability to oversee a number of
projects at any given time
* Strong listening and coaching skills and can instill in others
* Adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility in approach
* Sound Decision-making abilities, backed up with data and evidence
* Excellence in people leadership and management skills
* Excellent communication & Presentation skills.
* Problem-solving skills
* Proven ability to prioritise tasks.
* Ability to motivate, lead and coach a team of people through
* Self-motivator, flexible, innovative and enthusiastic
* Candidates must be child-centred with an ability to remain focused
on the needs of the children.
* Candidates must exhibit a strong commitment to children?s
* Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work on
own initiative as well as work as part of a team.
* Candidates must be flexible and have the ability to change to be
available or willing to work unsociable hours as occasionally
* Candidates must possess a full, clean driver?s license and be
willing to drive as part of the role.
APPLICATIONS to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** WITH CV AND COVERING LETTER
by **Apply on the website**th March **Apply on the website**.
We need : English (Good)