JOB TITLE: TEAM LEADER
LOCATION: Coolmine Cork West
REPORTS TO: Regional Services Manager
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week. Some out of hours work
may be required.
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY : **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
PURPOSE: To lead and manage a team and ensure the delivery of a
quality service to clients in accordance with organisational standards
CONTACT EMAIL: **Apply on the website**
APPLICATION REF. HR/CRK/FLM/TLW/**Apply on the website**
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing
community, day and residential services to men and women with
problematic substance use and their families in Ireland established
since **Apply on the website**. Coolmine Therapeutic Community
believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome
addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We now have a vacancy for a Team Leader. The successful candidate will
report to the Regional Services Manager, to lead and manage a team and
ensure the delivery of a quality service to clients in accordance with
organisational standards and targets. However, the successful
candidate may be required to work in any of Coolmine’s service
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
* Lead and work as part of a team with regular and consistent
communication, participating actively at all team meetings and
supporting the ethos, philosophy and methodology of the therapeutic
community model; reporting to Services Manager for individual support,
supervision, performance appraisal, and client case review; and
working within the parameters of the Coolmine HR policies and
* Support and develop the team, ensure regular Process, Supervision
and Performance Management
* To work with the Services Manager to ensure that all aspects of
health & safety regulations are adhered to. Make recommendations and
produce an action plan to the Services Manager for building
improvements, repairs, and refurbishment, in keeping with Health &
Safety policy and procedures
* Work with Services Manager to ensure their centre is delivering in
all areas of Human Resources with Performance Management,
Communications and staff training.
* Assist in the annual budget preparation for the services in
conjunction with the Services Manager to manage service performance in
line with budget.
* Monitor and support staffs case management ensuring that
documentation is completed and all areas are being covered with
clients, that links are being made with the relevant internal and
external services, and that a consistently high standard of care
plans, key working assessments, case review and referrals are being
carried out in line with the aims of the project.
* Ensure all administrative duties are carried out in accordance
with the required timelines and procedures in the area of time sheets,
leave and absence records, rosters, and all other relevant paperwork.
* Ensure that all addiction and recovery issues are explored for the
individual that cover his/her engagement in a self-help programme;
that issues pertaining to relapse prevention, de-addiction and craving
are explored and accounted for; that realistic and attainable goals
and objectives are agreed by client and key worker and implemented
into the care plan; ensure that review meetings are conducted and run
in a way that promotes full participation by the client and key
* Facilitate group therapy sessions, psycho-educational workshops,
formal and informal gatherings in a professional and ethical manner
and in accordance with Coolmine Therapeutic Community’s standard
operational policies and procedures.
* Actively engaged in continued personal development and training
for the benefit of self, clients, management and organization,
attending regularly clinical and line management supervision sessions
and establishing strong links and liaison between these supervisory
* To engage Coolmine code of ethics as well as the overall values of
* Third Level qualification in Counselling/ Addiction studies or
related field, Minimum of level 7
* Two years’ experience working within the drug and alcohol field.
* Experience of working directly with service users.
* Experience of the implementation and evaluation of care planning.
* Experience in providing statistics and reports.
* Experience in Line management Supervision and Performance appraisal
* Recognised counselling qualification with accreditation, ACI or
* Accredited CRA therapist or working towards accreditation
* Experience of group facilitation.
* Experience of work in a Therapeutic Community.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Knowledge and experience of clinical governance
* Knowledge of drugs and their effects.
* Ability to communicate positively with addictive client base.
* Ability to take a non-judgmental approach to substance misuse.
* Ability to deliver an emphatic and challenging approach to service
* Understanding of the connection between drug misuse and offending
* Knowledge of local, Irish and European legislation in relation to
data protection health, safety and welfare.
* Ability to hold group work sessions.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Clear written and verbal communication skills
* Strong Leadership Skills
* Skills to motivate and develop staff to deliver quality service
* Capacity to work effectively under pressure
* Committed to meeting the needs of excluded and marginalised
* Ability to manage change and be responsive to evolving
* Solution focused
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements
should send their CV & cover letter to Karl Mooney, HR Generalist on
**Apply on the website**
Please quote the application reference number HR/CRK/FLM/TLW/**Apply
on the website**
The closing date for applications is 5PM ON THURSDAY 2 MARCH **APPLY
ON THE WEBSITE**.
_COOLMINE THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)