FAMILY LINK WORKER (CONTRACT)
TALLAGHT AREA (CROSSCARE TALLAGHT TRAVELLERS YOUTH SERVICE), IRELAND
Tallaght Travellers Youth Service has secured funding for a Family
Link Worker for **Apply on the website** hours per week to support
parents from the Traveller community, to strengthen and develop the
pathways to support, for parents seeking support regarding their
children or families. Work pattern will be flexible.
This initiative has been supported by the Department for Children,
Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth through the _What Works_
Tallaght Travellers Youth Service in partnership with Tusla, The Child
and Family Agency and five other services across Ireland are involved
in this pilot. This initiative will see the successful candidate
building links with the Traveller community and local community
services, with the aim of supporting parents to access relevant
services where needed. The successful candidate will be trained as a
facilitator in Parents Plus Early Years programme, with the aim of
supporting parents in either individual or group Parent Plus
The successful candidate will undertake training relevant to the
role. The position will run for one year with the possibility of
being mainstreamed after the year.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE POST
The Family Link Worker will have key responsibility in the areas of
relationship building with the local Traveller community, local
community and voluntary organisations including Family Resource
Centres, youth services, counselling, Tusla, South Dublin County
Council and Health Service Executive.
The Family Link Worker will work with Tallaght Travellers Youth
Service to undertake a profile of the local Traveller population
identifying age groups of Traveller children, young people and
potential areas of support needed.
The Family Link Worker together with the Traveller organisation and
local community organisations will work to support parents, which will
include delivery of the Parents Plus Early Years programme either
individually or within a group.
The Family Link Worker will assist in making the Parents Plus
Programme culturally relevant for Traveller parents, along with the
Family Link Workers from the other five pilot areas, in partnership
with Mayo PPFS and the Parents Plus Charity.
_APPLICATIONS WILL BE SOUGHT IN THE FIRST INSTANCE FROM MEMBERS OF THE
TRAVELLER COMMUNITY _
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and support strong working relationships with and between
the local Traveller parents, Traveller organisations, local community
and voluntary organisations including Family Resource Centres, youth
services, counselling, Tusla Prevention Partnership & Family Support,
South Dublin County Council and Health Service Executive
* To train as a Facilitator in the Parents Plus Early Years
* The successful candidate will undertake on-the-job training to
carry out their duties effectively.
* To co-deliver Parents Plus Early Years programmes individually or
in group format.
* Promote and represent the work of the pilot to local
* Undertake tasks agreed by the employing agency and agreed by the
local Advisory Group for this Pilot.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list
of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be
required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may
be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the
development of the post while in office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
Successful applicants proceeding to interview will have the following:
* An understanding of how to support Traveller families in culturally
* Experience, paid or voluntary, in supporting members of the
* A competent literacy skill level.
* A general knowledge of computers and communication technology.
* Demonstrate good communication skills.
* Demonstrate good leadership skills.
* Demonstrate an ability to promote an understanding of Traveller
Parenting experience within the partner agencies.
* Experience of working as part of a team.
* A Level 5 qualification in a related field, e.g. social care,
youth work, community development work etc.
Each candidate and any person holding the office must be of good
character. The candidate must be at least **Apply on the website**
years of age. No upper age limit shall apply.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND/OR KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to work with other staff as part of a team and build
relations within the team, with the Traveller Community and relevant
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Previous relevant work experience, in a paid or voluntary
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Ability to manage timekeeping, meet deadlines and commit to being
a reliable member of a team.
* Commitment to the provision of a quality service and bringing
about better outcomes for members of the Traveller Community.
* Understanding of challenges impacting on the Traveller community
and to help others understand these, including the ability to identify
and challenge discrimination and racism.
* The management of confidential information appropriately is
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE: To successfully complete Garda
CAMPAIGN SPECIFIC SELECTION PROCESS
SHORTLISTING / INTERVIEW
Short listing of candidates will be based on the requirements of the
post as outlined in this Job Description.
Therefore, it is very important that candidates outline how they fit
this Job Description in the application form AVAILABLE FROM **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE** OR **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Failure to include information regarding these requirements may result
in candidates not being called forward to the next stage of the
Those successful at the shortlisting stage of this process will be
called forward to interview.
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS **Apply on the website**th February
**Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 1st March **Apply on the website**
PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE(S) 9th March **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)