CREATIVE AFTERCARE COMMUNITIES PROJECT WORKER
Learning Hub Limerick, on behalf of an interagency steering group, is
inviting applications for the role of Creative Aftercare Communities
Project Worker. This a part-time role, 3 days a week.
This project is supported by Creative Ireland and seeks to support
young people between * – **Apply on the
website** years with care experience to explore their creative
interests. The projects understands creativity in its broadest sense,
facilitating project participants to explore a wide array of areas to
see where their potential passion or interests lie. In particular, the
project will focus to ensure participation of young people in
aftercare who are not in receipt of an aftercare allowance.
Learning Hub Limerick works in partnership with parents, education
providers, statutory agencies and the wider Limerick community to
provide a safe, welcoming and inspiring learning environment where
children and young people can reach their true potential.
The Project Worker role is focused on leading and implementing the
project, recruiting and working directly with young people in the
project, supporting them to engage with the project using a
strengths-based approach. The Project Worker will identify and
facilitate opportunities for young people to engage with creative
practitioners. The participation of young people is central to this
project. Using the Lundy Model, or a similar participatory framework,
the Project Worker will empower young people to inform the various
stages through the formation of a project participant advisory group.
The Project Worker will work with a contracted researcher throughout
the project, support the evaluation of the project in collaboration
with project participants. The successful applicant will receive
support and supervision as part of the project.
KEY AREAS OF WORK:
PROGRAMME DELIVERY AND DEVELOPMENT:
* Facilitation and/or direct delivery and implementation of
appropriate, creative opportunities with identified groups of young
* Identifying and recruiting young people to engage in the project,
in collaboration with project steering group and stakeholders.
* Working directly with young people individually and in group work
* Networking and collaborating with other agencies/organisations and
community groups in the area.
* Develop and facilitate participation forum for young people to
have their voices heard and to inform the project as it develops.
* Liaise and signpost on behalf of young people to other service
providers and third parties where appropriate.
* Support young people to liaise with concurrent research and
evaluation in relation to this programme.
* Work from a Community Development/Strengths Based Approach ethos.
* Support the vision, mission and aims of Learning Hub Limerick,
operating to highest professional standards etc.
* Operate within the Learning Hub Limerick’s-
We need : English (Good)