SUPERVISOR: Work Placement Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Head of Career Development & Employability
* Director of Student Services
* Career Development & Employability Team
* Work Placement Supervisor
* Deans & Faculty
* School Co-ordinators and administrators
* External Clients
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Career Development & Employability team is an innovative, impact
driven and pro-active unit within National College of Ireland focused
on developing student employability. The team within Careers are
highly motivated and results driven and Careers Advisors come from a
diverse range of backgrounds including Higher Education Careers
Services, Recruitment Consultancy, Graduate Recruitment Roles,
Science, Youth Work and Teaching bound by a commitment to student
So if you are a guidance professional or experienced recruiter who
enjoys working to targets and under pressure, who likes to innovate_,_
is great at working in a high energy collaborative team environment_,
_is not afraid of administration, has a track record of achieving and
exceeding expectations and a genuine passion for career development
and helping students whose career trajectory is forward to achieve
their career goals then we would love to hear from you.
THIS DATA DRIVEN TARGETED ROLE INVOLVES:
* Designing and delivering weekly careers classes, providing expert
advice (individually, in group sessions and via webinars and other
online means) in areas including career development, employability,
job applications and job search strategies.
* Working with students in groups and individually to achieve their
career goals – implementing the necessary interventions to make this
possible and then tracking progress and reporting on same.
* Designing, delivering and assessing a range of interventions
including online modules, employer events, careers fairs, industry
panel events, mentoring programmes, career development modules that
positively impact graduate outcome data.
* Pro-actively developing strategic employer and alumni
relationships, identifying work placement opportunities for students
and managing the entire recruitment process achieving weekly and
* Developing a range of opportunities for students to interact and
network with relevant alumni and employers.
* Researching, writing, updating and editing career information and
labour market intelligence materials.
* Develop the capacity of the service to use technology to deliver
careers education and employability initiatives.
* Develop innovations in delivery and service in line with
international best practice.
* Graduate with * years’ experience within
careers advisory work / agency recruitment.
* Career guidance
* Work placement
* Agency Recruitment
* Targeted in house recruitment.
* Training/ Dacilitation
* Relevant postgraduate qualification in Guidance, Counselling,
Careers /Career Coaching or a commitment to securing same once in
* APPROACH TO WORK:
* Positive, enthusiastic, solution focused approach to work with the
ability to self-manage and contribute positively to a team environment
that is focused on continuous self-improvement.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, operate flexibly
and shift focus with changing priorities and demands and to deliver
the outputs required within NCI Careers Team.
* Track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
* SERVICE DELIVERY: Ability to use translate stakeholder
requirements into engaging and impactful career interventions (e.g.
Modules, resources, events.).
* RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
* Commitment to delivering best in class service to students.
* Excellent ability to build and maintain strong mutually beneficial
working relationships with staff, faculty, employers, industry bodies
and peers in other institutions.
* GUIDANCE AND ADVICE:
* Understanding of employability and the ability to support, guide
and advise students, graduates, NCI staff, employers innovatively and
flexibly whilst making effective use of high impact initiatives.
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Excellent verbal and written communication
skills together with the ability to deliver presentations, seminars
and workshops to a high standard.
* REPORTING, DATA & IT SKILLS:
* Strong reporting abilities – the role holder will be required to
report regularly on progress of all projects and activities.
* A keen interest in using data and impact measures to continually
develop the service.
* Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of social media and
experience of using it in recruitment.
SALARY: Specialist/Senior Administrator Band €**Apply on the
website**, *-€ *,**Apply
on the website**
ANNUAL LEAVE: * days per annum
HYBRID WORKING: Flexible subject to departments needs.
HOURS: Hours of work will be generally 9. *am to
5. * pm. A willingness to work flexibly to cover
some events and activities outside of usual working hours is required.
GARD VETTING: The successful applicant will be subject to Garda
Vetting and must not have any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act
NOTE: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the Careers and
Work Placement Advisor are based on the current stated role and
objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may
alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter both in PDF format ONLY,
quoting reference number: NCI * to: **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE** by 5: * pm, **Apply on the
website**st of November *. In the cover
letter (max 1 page) please highlight briefly how you meet the
criteria in relation to work ethic, initiative, attention to detail,
customer service and social media skills.
We need : English (Good)