EMPLOYER: West End Youth Centre, OLOL CSG
ADDRESS: Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group
OLOL Community Action Centre,
Eircode V * KX9V
JOB TITLE: YOUTH WORKER
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
West End Youth Worker is supported and funded by the Department of
Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and Youth
Affairs and Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board (LCETB),
under the UBU-Your Place, Your Space initiative.
We are currently recruiting a Youth Worker for **Apply on the
website** hours per week for a one-year contract, with the potential
for this to be extended.
The West End Youth Centre supports young people aged **Apply on the
website** years old, through a variety of interventions and youth
groups. We currently have 3 youth workers, including a manager, that
work in the development and facilitation of these groups. We are
looking for a team member to join us. We value our diverse team and we
value self-care and having a healthy work-life balance.
The role will primarily be based in the West End Youth Centre,
however, during the summer months and occasionally during the year we
attend external trips. Transport to/from these trips will be provided
for the successful candidate.
This role may suit a candidate currently studying in a related
discipline. E.g. Social Care in 3rd/4th year that has a view to
completion. Please note-you must receive your level 7/8 within the
first 6 months of starting the position.
REPORTING TO: The successful candidate will report directly to the
Youth Work Manager.
KEY AREAS OF WORK:
PROGRAMME DELIVERY AND DEVELOPMENT:
* Supporting the development of clubs and services
* Developing and delivering programmes and interventions
* Attend supervision and weekly team meetings
* Liaising and meeting with local community organisations
* Take initiative on interventions, and work to create equal and
fair opportunities for all young people
* Attend relevant trainings, conferences and become familiar with
the UBU-Your Place, Your Space initiative
* Advocacy on behalf of our young people and community
* Must have experience dealing with young people
* Report on procedures, groups, supervisions etc. as directed by
youth worker manager
* Comply and embody GDPR and confidentiality.
* Prepare, document and debrief on all activities held in the West
End Youth Centre
* Prepare incident reports etc. if required.
* Support and prepare funding applications, when directed.
* Work as part of a team and be comfortable bringing ideas and
initiatives to team meetings
* Monitor and value your own self-care
* Working with colleagues in other areas of the organisation to
deliver on community needs
* Undertake additional duties as may be required from time to time
* Prepare to engage in community activities and initiatives that may
fall on weekends.
* Ensure that the protection and welfare of children is a primary
concern and that, when child protection issues arise, procedures are
* A clear Garda Vetting is a requirement of this role
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* National recognised Qualification in youth work, psychology, social
care, social work or other relevant discipline
* Proficient at planning, implementing and evaluating programmes
* Proficient IT skills, report writing, data collection
* A strong understanding of the principles of community development
and youth work
* Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to young
people across the target group age range
* Experience in delivering youth work
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
* 2 years minimum experience in working with young people and/or
HOURS OF WORK * hours per week, to be carried
out during evenings and occasionally weekends.
Please note, THIS IS AFTERNOON, EVENING AND OCCASIONAL WEEKEND WORK.
An example of a start time may be 3pm, and a finish time could be 9pm.
SALARY € *, * per annum
(one year contract, in line with Youth Work Salary Scale)
HOW TO APPLY
Please return CV and cover letter to Kate Clifford, Youth Worker
Manager; * by November **Apply on the
Please note, it is proposed that the interviews will be held the
*nd week of December *.
Interview Date TBC.
The start date for this position is January 8th **Apply on the
website** (discussion can be had if this date is not suitable).
We need : English (Good)