JOB TITLE: PART TIME PROJECT WORKER
Sophia is a national organisation that has been supporting people as
they emerge from homelessness since *.
Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees
the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to
homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused
on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to
provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need
a home but also present with other support needs.
Sophia recognises that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on
people and that services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma
LOCATION: Sophia Housing, Douglas Street, Cork
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
Sophia offers the following additional benefits to employees:
* * Annual Leave Days (based on **Apply on the
website** hour week)
* Pension scheme
* Further education and training support
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Flexible working arrangements
* hours per week
Mon-Fri between the hours of 2pm-9pm and Sat-Sun between the hours of
Two Saturdays and two Sundays per month
To provide an efficient and high quality service in our Cork Project.
The successful candidate will work on a daily basis with families and
individuals coming from homelessness. He/she will manage a caseload in
a busy project, key work individuals, carry out assessments and care
plans and regularly liaise with other agencies/authorities on behalf
of the service users.
* To have regard for the objectives and ethos of Sophia Housing
* To work as a member of the Support Team under the supervision of
the Project Manager.
* To attend Team meetings and to participate in training as
* To participate in the assessment and interview process for
referrals to the service.
* To work in a holistic way with Family Members and Single Persons
as appropriate to their housing management and personal needs.
* To provide practical home support to tenants when required.
* To provide resettlement preparation as required.
* To respond to and report child protection concerns in line with
Children First guidelines.
* To liaise with appropriate local crèche facilities.
* To plan for and assist Families and Single Persons as appropriate
with their move on from the Projects.
* To liaise and work effectively with relevant personnel in Sophia
Housing, and other relevant agencies; e.g. Local Authority, Health
* To set up and maintain appropriate records of the work with
Tenants and the work of the Project.
* To ensure Tenancy Agreement is understood by Tenants and to attend
Tenancy Meetings when required.
* To co-operate as appropriate with research and evaluation of the
* To implement Policy and Procedures within the service.
* To participate in responding to emergencies within the Projects as
* To share administrative duties within the Team; e.g. Rent
Collection, Petty Cash, etc.
* To promote Tenant involvement in the development of the Projects.
* To check on the maintenance of the apartments within the Projects.
* To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the
workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line
* To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to
* A degree in Social Care/Social Science/Applied Social Studies or
related discipline i.e. addiction, social work.
* A minimum of one years’ experience working with this client
* An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless.
* Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and
* The ability to work on own initiative.
* Proficient IT Skills and knowledge of PASS database.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and
written are essential.
* To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for receipt of applications is FRIDAY, **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH NOVEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)