REPORTING TO: RDP Programme Manager
EMPLOYER: Sligo LEADER Partnership CLG
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary role of this post is to animate communities within the
county and to support and build the capacity of rural communities and
enterprises to develop innovative projects, so that they can avail of
the benefits of the LEADER Programme. This role will require a
proactive approach working across all themes and sub themes,
developing actions in the Local Development Strategy for the Rural
Development Programme (LEADER) *. The role of
Rural Development Officer requires a strong innovative focus with the
ability to initiative new ideas, support communities to identity their
needs and to assist in the development of project ideas.
The Rural Development Officer will be focused on animating the
companies LEADER Local Development Strategy within County Sligo
* Working with project promoters to build their capacity to
participate in the RDP and to access the funding available
* Working to stimulate local innovation in community development
projects, in terms of assisting the development of new or improved
solutions to local needs
* Responding to queries concerning project ideas, recording details
of same and providing information and follow-up, supporting community
& voluntary groups through the application process, including
* Undertaking the preparation of projects for evaluation and
presentation of projects to LEADER Independent Evaluation Committee
* Working with project promoters post approval to ensure successful
completion of projects and undertaking all administrative checks are
completed as required
* Liaising with our Claims Compliance Officer upon completion of the
projects, to ensure that paperwork is complete and undertaking all
administrative checks as required under the Operating Rules of LEADER
* Liaising with our Communications Officer in terms of PR and
promotional activities concerning the RDP. This may include organising
information sessions, promotional activities, public meetings, etc.
* Liaising with a range of agencies to put in place integrated
programmes of development to maximise the benefit from the RDP and to
* Conducting research into relevant areas which will animate the
* Fostering an understanding of good development practice amongst
various sectors within the county
* Drawing up action plans around obstacles facing the development of
such sectors, such as addressing the impact of covid, new rural
development policy implications etc.
* Working with 3rd party experts in climate action, biodiversity,
retro-fitting and environmentally sustainable development, including
* Given the nature of the programme, it is envisaged that the post
holder will undertake a range of other duties in relation to the
effective delivery of the Sligo LDS, including development of RDP
co-operation projects with different regions
* Attend team meetings and training where required
* Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
* The role may require working outside of normal office hours and in
some instances evening and or during weekend
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* LANGUAGE SKILLS
Fluency in English both written and oral.
* INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Positive and confident communicator. Strong influencer with capacity
to mentor and consult with community groups. Capacity to stimulate,
facilitate and support local innovation through community groups.
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to
write professional reports and compile presentations.
* ORGANISATIONAL/PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Ability to support community and voluntary groups in needs
analysis/project development. Can demonstrate effective team working
skills with a strong emphasis on effective project implementation.
Sound understanding of rural development policy tools and approaches.
Knowledge of environmental and climate change issues with willingness
to attend additional training in this matter.
Full Clean Driving Licence with access to a car.
Consent to be garda vetted.
* Previous experience in rural development or related sector
* Previous experience in local capacity building and supporting
communities and enterprises
* Previous experience of project management, planning,
implementation and evaluation in a public funded environment
* Prior experience in working effectively with funding agencies
* A relevant third level degree in Rural or Community Development or
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications and based on
the company salary scale. Available on request.
CONDITIONS OF WORK: The Rural Development Officer will be required to
work * hours a week. A probationary period of
at least 6 months will apply. This is a Permanent, Full-Time role
subject to continual funding by the Department of Rural and Community
Development. Main base will be Sligo Leader Development Company.
CLOSING DATE: ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY EMAIL TO **APPLY
ON THE WEBSITE** NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
We need : English (Good)