SENIOR YOUTH WORKER POST
Candle Community Trust provides educational, developmental, and
therapeutic services for young people. We are committed to creating
and delivering a comprehensive, best practice youth service to meet
the needs of young people who experience disadvantage and
marginalisation. Through a range of targeted services, including the
Youth Service, Candle aims to provide a context for the physical,
emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual growth of the person.
Candle Community Trust now invites applications for the position of
Senior Youth Worker, Candle Youth Service. This position is offered
under the UBU funding scheme. Reporting to the Director, this is a key
new position within the Candle organization and the successful
applicant will be responsible for the oversight, planning, and
delivery of quality frontline youth services. The position involves
significant leadership and responsibilities within the service
provision at Candle.
* Professionally endorsed youthwork qualification or have a degree
level qualification within the Youth Work/Education/Social Sciences
sector or a relevant field.
* Worked with young people for 5 years full time and have experience
of working with young people at risk in a youth work setting in a paid
* Strong conviction about, and commitment to, youthwork theory and
* An understanding of the issues affecting marginalized youth, and
dedication to being a positive advocate for same.
* Leadership experience in a relevant setting.
* Experience of planning and delivering creative and innovative
* Skills, experience, and values requisite for working with young
people who present with challenging behaviour.
* Effective organisational, administrative, communication, IT,
analytical and research skills.
* Enthusiasm, flexibility, and a can-do attitude.
* An understanding of the impact of relational/ developmental
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A supportive and positive working environment
* Opportunities for training and professional development
* Attractive terms and conditions
* Salary Scale: € *,**Apply on the
website**- € *, *
ALL POSITIONS AT CANDLE COMMUNITY TRUST REQUIRE GARDA VETTING.
ROLE DEFINITION AND JOB DESCRIPTION ATTACHED.
APPLICATIONS IN THE FORM OF CURRICULUM VITAE (3 PAGES MAX) AND COVER
LETTER OUTLINING WHY YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THIS POSITION
BY EMAIL TO: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** WITH SENIOR YOUTH WORKER POST IN
THE SUBJECT BAR.
The closing date for this application is Monday, November **Apply on
the website**th * at *
Interviews will be held on week commencing December 4th **Apply on the
A panel may be formed following the interview process.
_CANDLE COMMUNITY TRUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER_
THE ROLE IS FUNDED UNDER UBU THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN,
EQUALITY, DISABILITY, INTEGRATION AND YOUTH AND ADMINISTERED BY THE
CITY OF DUBLIN YOUTH SERVICE BOARD.
We need : English (Good)