Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a
stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are
socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service
in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our
services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and
decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in
partnership with central and local government, housing associations
and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard **Apply
on the website** hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a
pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and
DEPAUL WISHES TO RECRUIT TO THE FOLLOWING ROLE:
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK – **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**/7
SALARY €**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**,**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.**APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE** PER ANNUM
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to be a member of a
multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support Depaul
service users. Working to a house-led, low threshold, harm reduction
approach, where residents receive a high degree of care, support and
dignity. Depaul has a commitment to service user participation and to
empowering residents to manage their own lives. This role works across
a 7-day week rota, and commences with increased annual leave days and
other added benefits.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* In conjunction with residents and rest of the team to ensure that
the service is kept to a good standard of tidiness, cleanliness and
hygiene. Encouraging service users to take responsibility for
maintaining their own environment, and supporting them with laundry
and cleaning tasks where appropriate.
* To encourage and support service users to develop skills,
including cooking support to maintain responsibility for their daily
* In conjunction with project team, to assist residents with
personal monies, service charge payments, etc. where necessary.
* Carry out project administration tasks such as upkeep of petty
cash, project statistics, invoices, record keeping, Service User’s
files, OTIS, IR and AR completion etc.
* To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the
project in accordance with Depaul’s Health and Safety policy and the
projects Safety Statement.
* To undertake assigned duties regarding the overall health and
safety and security of the service and to use security systems put in
place and managing risks relating to service
* Supporting residents to develop and maintain independent living
skills and support the Case Workers in the delivery of Life Skills
* To actively work as part of an onsite multi-disciplinary team and
helping service users to achieve their support plan goals.
* Working in the best interests of the residents and report to team
and partner agency when Case Workers are not available
* To plan and facilitate social activities
* To attend and participate in team meetings and staff team days
* To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and
help in identifying your own job-related development and training
* The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of
responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for
other staff roles is required from time to time.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility
may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles
is required from time to time.
* Level 5 QQI qualification or above in social care, or a suitably
related area OR
* 1 year’s paid experience working in a social care field,
desirably in a residential or homeless setting
* Have a strong understanding of why people become homelessness, the
impact on the individual and the needs they can present with (e.g.
mental/physical health, addiction, offending behaviours, etc)
* Ability and willingness to work within the principles of Low
Threshold and Harm Reduction
* Ability to consistently use a Housing Led approach and implement
the Housing First Ethos in all service user work
* Experience of delivering life-skills interventions or activity
* Experience of lone working or off-site working an advantage
* Working knowledge of risk assessment processes and systems (i.e.
S/U Risk assessment, Lone Working, Activity Risk Assessments)
* Be able to work as part of a team and appreciate the importance of
high quality team communication
* Have an understanding of Health and Safety and the health and
safety requirements within a residential setting working with homeless
* Have a knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and
values of Depaul
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please download and complete the application form available on the
employment page of our website
We need : English (Good)