JOB TITLE: CHILDLINE THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT WORKER, CLARE
WORKING WEEK: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK
CONTRACT TYPE: MATERNITY LEAVE
The Childline Therapeutic Support Service provides a comprehensive,
mobile one to one support service (including out of hours access) to
children aged 0 - * who may be experiencing
emotional and behavioural difficulties, with a focus on trauma
informed care and practice. Each child referred to the service
receives an individual assessment of need upon which a detailed
intervention programme is developed. All practice is based on meeting
the needs of the child and is evaluated with reference to the outcomes
for the child.
OVERALL AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
* To provide a mobile support service to children aged **Apply on the
website** years which will include face to face, and web-based
counselling initiatives (E Support).
* To provide a support service to children who do not have access to
other support options
* To identify and link children and young people experiencing
emotional and or behavioural difficulties or presenting with welfare
concerns into targeted individual therapeutic work provided face to
face or online.
* To provide these children and young people with the necessary
supports to promote psychological resilience and psychological
wellbeing, regardless of social and emotional background.
* To educate, develop coping skills, improve relationships and
promote positive behaviours and self-regulation.
* To support a child to address their behavioural or emotional
* To provide a service that empowers children and acknowledges their
rights as citizens.
* To support parents/carers in meeting their child’s needs.
* To work with individual children, aged up to **Apply on the
* To facilitate groupworks with parents and young people.
* To be active in consulting children and encouraging their
participation at all levels within society and within the ISPCC
Children’s Advisory Committees.
* To organise and deliver outreaches /workshops/ training sessions
* To actively participate in all campaigns and events run by the
* To actively engage in ISPCC Childline research projects.
* To maintain accurate and efficient records of work carried out
* To evaluate the quality and effectiveness of work carried out with
* To be involved in community networking including CYPSC and CYPSC
subgroup meetings and statutory meetings where required.
* To attend, when requested, team meetings, case conferences,
Meitheals, and other service Meetings.
* To work with colleagues to support the deliver of the ISPCC
* To be available to engage in other activities as requested by the
ESSENTIAL: CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING;
* A third level (level 8) qualification in social sciences or related
* A minimum of two years’ experience, of working directly with
children and/or young people and/or families.
* A detailed understanding of community, statutory and voluntary
sectors. Experience working with young people through prevention and
early intervention towards building resilience, social support and
self-regulation of behaviour and emotions.
* Candidates must be able to demonstrate a theoretical and practical
knowledge of the following: Child development, child assessment,
individual programme planning, child intervention processes, and
evaluating client work.
* Candidates must also have demonstrated therapeutic techniques and
a working knowledge of children’s legislation with regard to child
protection, welfare and children’s rights.
ABILITY AND ATTRIBUTES:
* Candidates must be child-centred with an ability to remain focused
on the needs of children and young people.
* Candidates must exhibit a strong commitment to children’s
* Candidates must be capable of working on own initiative and as
part of a team.
* Candidates must have the ability to provide volunteer supervision
* Candidates must possess excellent communication skills.
* Candidates must have the ability to plan and implement individual
programme plans for children and young people.
* Candidates must have the ability to undertake parenting work on an
* Candidates must be effective at time management with the ability
to oversee a number of projects at any given time.
* Candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work on
their own initiative as well as work as part of a team.
* Candidates must be flexible and be available and willing to work
unsociable hours as routinely required.
* Candidates must be I.T. literate and have an ability to maintain
computerised client files/records.
* Experience of working therapeutically with children and young
* Experience of providing presentations on a small or large group
* Experience of team building and volunteer development.
* Candidates must possess a full, clean driver’s license and own
ALL CVS TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** BY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH
We need : English (Good)