JOB TITLE: LIVE NIGHT WORKER
LOCATION: Coolmine Residential Limerick
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
PURPOSE: To assist the Team Leader and staff team in providing a
quality service to clients as they progress through our residential
service. A night worker participates as part of a therapeutic team and
is expected to act as a viable resource to clients and staff.
JOB TYPE: Fixed Term ( * months contract)
SHIFT TIME: * Hours per Fortnight
*: *pm- 9:**Apply on the
SALARY: HOURLY RATE: € *.**Apply on the
CONTACT PERSON *
APPLICATION REF. HR/LRK/ADS/LNW/ *
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing
community, day and residential services to men and women with
problematic substance use and their families in Ireland. Established
since *. Coolmine Therapeutic Community
believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome
addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We now have a vacancy for Night Workers. The successful candidates
will report to the Senior Project Worker & Team leader. They will
assist the team leader and staff team in providing a quality service
to clients as they progress through our residential service. A night
worker participates as part of a therapeutic team and they are
expected to act as a viable resource to clients and staff.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
* Engage with and build a professional and trusting relationship with
clients treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within
the values of Coolmine Therapeutic Community.
* Perform all the duties relating to the facility, and to ensure
that the immediate social needs of clients are met.
* To perform the practical tasks of caring for the client to ensure
that night time running of the house is maintained (e.g., standards of
living, hygiene of the facility, health and safety,) at the highest
* To work within the policies of Coolmine Therapeutic Community in
order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality
standards are adhered to in a drug and alcohol- free environment.
* To complete all administrative tasks such as handover reports and
relevant form filling are completed appropriately in order to ensure
that the facility runs smoothly and effectively.
* To ensure that medication room is clean and tidy; that medication
is stored appropriately in the medication cabinet, that all medication
records are in order and to carry out any admin duties requested by
the nursing team
* To ensure that all information pertaining to clients is
communicated effectively in the handover and via email to the relevant
* To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating
in effective handovers and being open to reasonable requests from
facility manager in order to ensure effective work relationships.
The person spec sets out the essential abilities and qualities needed
by the successful candidate for this post.
* Must hold a valid work permit for the EU & Ireland.
* Minimum FETAC level 5 or equivalent in addition studies or related
* Working towards a recognised Diploma or Degree.
* Experience of work with drug and alcohol users and/or excluded
* A working knowledge of Health and Safety, and the implications for
the working environment.
* A knowledge of good practice in working with drug and alcohol
users and other excluded groups.
* Knowledge of legislation affecting the sector
* Role models exemplary behaviour and attitude – is honest,
consistent, and responsible.
* Works as part of a team supporting the objectives of the Coolmine.
* Is open to feedback and appraisal from clients, colleagues and
* Respect the ethos and values; of Coolmine Therapeutic Community.
* Has excellent communication skills and can present information in
a way that is not over simplistic or complicated.
* Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm
and friendly mannerisms, while being clear and explicit about
professional and personal boundaries.
* Has a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused
approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
* Uses assertive behaviour, demonstrating dignity and respect for
self and others at all times.
* Has good awareness of self and others, grounded in the “here and
now” with good anticipation and observational skills.
Interested candidates who meet the person specification requirements
should send their CV & Cover Letter with application reference code to
Dylan Murphy, HR Administrator at *
The closing date for applications is THE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH OF
Job Reference Code - HR/LRK/ADS/LNW/**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
COOLMINE THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We need : English (Good)