HOUSING FIRST PROJECT WORKER (SOUTH EAST REGION) – PERMANENT
We have been providing services to people experiencing homelessness
and who are at risk of homelessness throughout the South East Region
Our mission is to help people find a home and to support people to
keep their home.
The Community works to a set of six core values: Community, Diversity,
Social Justice, Voluntarism, Commitment to Care and Inclusion.
SOUTH EAST SIMON COMMUNITY IS CURRENTLY SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR THE
POSITION OF HOUSING FIRST PROJECT WORKER.
_PURPOSE OF THE POST:_
Support people who are sleeping rough and/or experiencing long-term
and multiple exclusion homelessness to move into secure, permanent
housing at the earliest opportunity, without preconditions for
sobriety or treatment compliance. Support people prior to, during, and
following their move through Case Management and Key Working, to build
their capacity to meet their goals, address their support needs, and
sustain their housing.
_SOME OF THE KEY DUTIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:_
* Work collaboratively with other agencies engaged in Outreach and
Emergency accommodation services, to establish and maintain contact
with people in Waterford who are sleeping rough and/or experiencing
long-term and multiple exclusion homelessness.
* Follow up on referrals received and through the Homeless Action
* Advise people of the supports available through the Housing First
Service and how Housing First differs from other approaches.
* Signpost people to more appropriate services where necessary.
* Assess the urgency of the person’s housing need by use of agreed
tools for prioritisation.
* Establish what housing options will be available to the person by
determining the person’s eligibility for Local Authority
allocations, RS/HAP/RAS housing assistance, and Social Welfare
payments, and facilitate participants in accessing same.
* Act as liaison with landlords, explaining lease agreements, rights
and responsibilities, managing tenancies in crisis, explaining of the
Residential Tenancies Act as needed.
* Work with the tenant to devise and regularly review support plans
with the understanding that the type, level and duration of support
provided should be determined by the tenant.
* Assist people in building the competence and capacity to meet
their own personal needs: e.g. personal hygiene, cooking skills,
laundry, budgeting, diet and healthy living, sexual health etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POST WILL HAVE:
* Two years’ experience in a similar role
* Experience of case management and key working
* Experience working with people with addictions including those
with mental health issues / dual diagnosis
* Third level degree in a relevant field
* Non-judgemental understanding of addiction
* Belief in the potential of recovery for people of diverse
backgrounds, challenges and personal circumstances
* Reliable, Punctual, Assured Manner, Confident
* High Tolerance Level
Recruitment Pack for the role is attached below. Also, it is available
on our website
We need : English (Good)