REGIONAL MAINTENANCE MANAGER
CO-OPERATIVE HOUSING IRELAND
Co-operative Housing Ireland (CHI) is the national organisation
representing, promoting, and developing co-operative housing in
CHI is an Approved Housing Body (AHB) and a member of the Housing
Alliance. CHI work with various stakeholders in the housing sector,
including Local Authorities, Government, aspiring homeowners, tenants,
and developers and is subject to regulation by the Approved Housing
Bodies Regulatory Authority and the Charities Regulator.
Since our foundation in * we have provided over
5, * homes through homeownership, shared
ownership, and social rented co-operatives. With our membership of
democratically controlled local co-operatives, we continue to manage
over 4, * homes across Ireland.
CHI is seeking a full-time, permanent Regional Maintenance Manager to
work *.5 Hours per week, Monday - Friday. The
position will report to the Regional Asset Manager. The role will be
based in our Dublin West Office, however, travel across the Greater
Dublin and Leinster regions is expected.
The Regional Maintenance Manager will have responsibility for the
planning and delivery of the cyclical, planned and reactive
maintenance programmes for our housing stock in the Dublin/Leinster
Region, comprising of approximately * units. In
particular, the Regional Maintenance Manger will be responsible for
ensuring, tracking and reporting on the statutory compliance of our
houses, apartment and blocks with respect to the cyclical maintenance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsibility for the delivery of the cyclical, planned, and
reactive maintenance programme for housing stock in the region.
* Ensuring safe homes for our member tenants and a safe working
environment for our staff and contractors through compliance with
relevant statutory standards and the AHB Regulator’s Property and
* Ensures properties meets the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses)
Regulations *. Tracks, reports, and arranges
necessary remedial works on foot of Local Authority Inspections.
* Assists the Regional Asset Manager in the delivery of the annual
component replacement and deep retrofit programmes. This will include
quality assurance visits and liaison with 3rd party consultants and
* Supervision and monthly reporting to the Regional Asset Manager on
the Regional Asset Management budget.
* Ensuring that the procurement of services and materials within
area of responsibility is in compliance with CHI’s procurement
policy. Collaborates on the procurement of nationwide frameworks for
services and materials.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with core external
stakeholders e.g. Contractors and Local Authorities.
* Liaise with and support the Asset Management Helpdesk in the
management, delivery, and supervision (quality assurance) of
member’s requests for responsive/emergency repairs.
* Supports the Asset Management Survey Team in the execution of the
annual *% Stock Condition Survey in area of
* Support Asset Management Information & Data Analyst through the
provision of accurate and timely reports and data on new acquisitions
and component replacement.
* Support Housing Management in the delivery of excellent service to
* Attend in-person and online meetings. This may necessitate travel
to Dublin and elsewhere in the country.
* Performance management of the regional Maintenance Technician team
( * staff).
* Ensure CHI Maintenance Technicians are appropriately qualified and
certified on an ongoing basis.
* Support staff to deliver on their goals and review performance
_CHI CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES:_
* Ensure all activity is alignment to the Values and Mission of CHI
* Adhere to all CHI policies and procedures at all times including
Health and Safety obligations.
* Exercise discretion at all times.
* Ad hoc tasks directed by the Regional Asset Manager as are
consistent with your role.
* Adopt an approach of continuous learning and personal development.
* NFQ Level 7 qualification in a property, engineering, or
construction discipline OR NFQ Level 6 Qualification in an electrical,
construction or engineering-based trade.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar asset management,
facilities management, or maintenance role.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a team in an asset
management or maintenance context and strong interpersonal skills.
* Full, clean ‘Class B’ EU driver’s licence or equivalent.
* Experience in the procurement of services and materials.
* Membership of a relevant professional organisation with an asset
management focus (e.g. SCSI, RICS, EI).
* Experience in using CAFM or CRM software.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office suite of software including MS
Access and Project.
IN ADDITION, THE CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE THE
* Ability to handle multiple priorities to tight deadlines.
* Outstanding written, oral communication skills.
* Excellent analytical and commercial skills.
* Strong reporting and data manipulation skills.
* Flexibility to travel and perform occasional evening and weekend
* Strong leadership ability and customer services skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. (CHI operates a
performance-based salary model that allows for annual salary increases
on a set salary range through performance).
Annual leave will be * days (exclusive of
* public holidays), plus an additional 3
Privilege days per year. Annual leave increases through length of
service and can also be additionally accrued as paid time off in lieu
of overtime (TOIL).
Co-operative Housing Ireland offers a defined contribution pension
scheme. Employees have access to the scheme on successful completion
of their six-month probationary period.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Continuous professional development, training & further education
courses, study & exam leave and professional membership fees are paid
for at CHI’s discretion where relevant.
TRAVEL & SUBSISTENCE
Travel and subsistence expenses will be paid according to CHI Policy,
similar to public sector rates.
An Electronic Working Allowance is paid daily for remote working
during COVID * pandemic.
Selection will involve short-listing of applicants for immediate
interviews based on applications and CVs submitted. The short-listing
selection criteria are based on the requirements of the job as
outlined in this job description. Please note that all posts may be
subject to Garda Vetting.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 1ST OF DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE
HOW TO APPLY:
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A CV AND COVER LETTER TO **APPLY
ON THE WEBSITE**
(Co-operative Housing Ireland does not require the assistance of
recruitment agencies at this time).
_CO-OPERATIVE HOUSING IRELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
_ALL DOCUMENTATION RECEIVED BY CO-OPERATIVE HOUSING IRELAND WILL BE
PROCESSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DATA PROTECTION ACTS & GENERAL DATA
PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR; **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**)._
We need : English (Good)