Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Contract length: * months
Salary: From € *,**Apply on the
website**. * per year
* Romanian (required)
* Romani (preferred)
ABOUT BRADÓG YOUTH SERVICE
Bradóg Youth Service is a community-based non-profit organisation
dedicated to providing personal and social development programmes for
young individuals in North Dublin Inner City. Our objective is to
support young people by offering tailored activities that meet their
individual needs and lifestyles. We collaborate with other
organisations to promote youth involvement and equality.
That young people reach their full potential and become the drivers of
change in their community.
We provide effective interventions and programmes for young people by
building relationships and creating opportunities to foster their
development, growth, and wellbeing.
BRADOG YOUTH DIVERSION PROJECT
Bradóg Youth Diversion Project focuses on preventing young people in
Dublin's North West Inner City from engaging in anti-social or
criminal behaviour. We provide activities that promote personal,
social, and professional development, as well as civic responsibility
and long-term employability prospects. Our target group includes young
people aged * who are at the age of criminal
responsibility and at-risk *-year-olds referred
by Juvenile Liaison Officers or other community stakeholders.
Bradóg Youth Service are looking to recruit a bi-lingual Roma
Activities and Support worker to be part of the Diversion team. This
position aims to support Roma young people who have entered the
Justice system and are harder to reach within the community. The job
will be based in Bradog but the work will include engaging with young
people on the North and South Inner city as well as North and South
Dublin where young people may reside.
The project aims to enhance the quality of life in communities and
strengthen relations between the Garda and the community. This
opportunity is ideal for candidates who have an interest in and
capability for this type of work.
Funding for the Youth Diversion Project comes from the Department of
Justice and Equality, the European Social Fund **Apply on the
website**, and Dormant Accounts funding. The Youth Diversion Worker
will be employed by Bradóg Youth Service under an ongoing contract of
employment. Please note that this position is subject to the continued
funding of the YDP by Bradóg Youth Services and the satisfactory
performance of the post holder.
_This post is co-funded by the European Social Fund **Apply on the
website** through the EU Funds Unit, Department of Justice and
The Roma Youth Activities and Support worker, in collaboration with
the Bradóg Youth Diversion Project Team, will be responsible for the
DIRECT WORK WITH YOUNG PEOPLE
* Develop and nurture strong, trust-based relationships with Roma
young people and their families
* Plan, develop, and deliver programmes tailored to the needs of
Roma young people.
* Offer educational and employment support to Roma young people.
* Promote social inclusion of young people from the Roma community.
COLLABORATION AND ADVOCACY
* To serve as a resource person and advise on Roma culture and
customs to relevant stakeholders
* Provide language translation support and attend meetings between
Roma young people, their families and various stakeholders
* Provide joint services by actively working alongside key
stakeholders such as local schools and youth services.
* Work alongside and support the Roma Youth Justice worker in
assessing young people’s risks and needs
* Attend relevant meetings as directed.
* Prepare/Support reports for management, committees, and funders.
* Ensure data protection compliance and maintain records.
* Complete standard clerical procedures, including expenses.
* Participate in in-service training.
* Adhere to Bradóg's policies, procedures, and best practices.
* Fulfil additional duties assigned by Project Leader and
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Level 5 or higher in the field of Child care, Youth, Education,
Health, Sports or an equivalent professional qualification (E)
* Experience working with young people from minority ethnic groups
* Language Skills: Very good command of spoken English and Romanian
(E) additionally Romani is desirable
* Genuine interest in and belief in young people.
* Ability to build positive professional relationships with young
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and
* Proficiency in IT skills.
* Commitment to organisational values.
* Self-motivation, ethical leadership, and reliability.
_This job description is intended as a summary of the primary
responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job
description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual
in this position might be asked to perform that may be required either
now or in the future._
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
As our work involves contact with young people, candidates under
consideration for employment in Bradóg Youth Service will be subject
to Garda vetting.
The successful candidate will undergo 2 reference checks before
commencing employment with Bradóg Youth Service
TRAVEL AND EXPENSES
Travel and expenses will be paid in accordance with appropriate
Bradóg Youth Service rates.
The employment base for this role will be Bradóg Youth Service,
* Dominick Place, Dublin. Work will also take
place in other venues located in Dublin 7 and 1.
Applications should be made by sending a current CV, cover letter &
completion of application by email to Amanda Shaw, Interim Project
Leader, at **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** no later than 5pm on 5th December
SUPPORTING STATEMENT: A supporting statement must be provided -
please outline the reasons you are applying for this post. Please
refer to the competencies set out in the "Personal Qualities" section
and outline how you specifically meet the competencies.
Closing date for applications is 5TH DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** AT 5 PM. Applications received after the deadline will not
We need : English (Good)