ADOLESCENT / ADULT PSYCHOTHERAPIST & ART THERAPIST
Corks Sexual Violence centre provides services to survivors of rape,
sexual assault and child sexual abuse. The Centre also engages with a
range of community and statutory bodies, alongside second and third
level students in their colleges and schools to work towards the
elimination of sexual violence in society. Recent activities include
the involvement in the Repeal the Eight referendum, #MeToo and
#TimesUp campaigns, Ask for Angela initiative, and Cork Against Human
Trafficking. The door of the Sexual Violence Centre is open to
everyone, irrespective of the nature of the sexual violence they
experienced or when it occurred.
The Centre a full/part-time are currently looking for a QUALIFIED
THERAPIST and a QUALIFIED ART THERAPIST who have worked or have
experience of working with Adults/Adolescents in a similar setting,
and who are enthusiastic about promoting the Centre’s facilities and
initiatives. Our therapists provide counselling and psychotherapy to
those who have experiences childhood sexual abuse, recent or past rape
and/or sexual assault. We provide our services through face-to-face
sessions, and where required, virtual sessions.
We have vacancies for Monday to Saturday, inclusive.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for assessing client needs, delivering appropriate
therapeutic supports, and facilitating access to other services as
* Hold and maintain an agreed clinical caseload.
* Maintain accurate, confidential records of practice using
* Oversee file management in-line with GDPR, and confidentiality,
ensuring best practice in all areas of clinical management.
* Work as a member of the team to ensure waiting lists times and
numbers are kept within target by working in line with relevant
policies and procedures, and ensuring timely updating of availability
of therapist appointments.
* Work in accordance with Corks Sexual Violence Centre Policies,
Procedures and Guidelines.
* Liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the
client as required.
* Attend external clinical supervision twice per month (paid by the
* Follow Adult and Child Protection and Safeguarding legislation and
policies in all Pieta work and liaise with all relevant agencies as
* Participate, facilitate and attend training as required and keep
up to date with developments in the sector.
* Supporting clients with hospital, Gardaí, G.P. and Court
accompaniment as appropriate.
* To work within the values and code of conduct for employees of
this organisation as well as the IACP accreditation code of ethics
* Complete client notes after each client session and ensure they
are stored in line with GDPR.
* To review progress of counselling sessions every 6 weeks with each
* Engage in quarterly care management reviews with the CEO or other
* To provide phone and online counselling services as required.
* To attend case review meetings, team meetings or other relevant
meetings as required for the organisation.
* To assist in the organisation of fundraising events and
* Show a keen interest in adult and adolescent therapy in the area
of sexual violence.
* Contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the services as
* Maintain professional and personal boundaries.
* To report any concerns or issues with the CEO or your direct line
* Undertake other ad hoc duties as required.
* Successful candidates must hold a minimum degree qualification in
adult or adolescent psychotherapy as applicable.
* Be a fully accredited Psychotherapist / Counselling Psychologist
with IACP, BACP, IAHIP, IACAT FTAI, IAPTP, APPI, APCP, NAPCP, PSI or
* 2+ years working in similar trauma role or providing similar
services is desirable.
* Experience working with clients aged under **Apply on the
website** is required for art therapy role.
* Will be required to work on-site in Sexual Violence Centre Cork, 5
Camden Place, Cork City.
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office.
* Be interested in and demonstrate a belief and enthusiasm for the
work in the Sexual Violence Centre.
* Experience with databases an advantage (e.g. Salesforce CRM).
* Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize.
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
* Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
* Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritize competing
* Ability to foster good working relationships with external
agencies and organisations.
* Ability to fulfil obligations as per the Children First Act
* All psychotherapists on our register must be professionally
accredited and fully insured, and will be subject to Garda Vetting.
Please ensure that you meet the criteria before applying.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Permanent, full-time contract ( *.5 hours per
week; Monday – Friday). The successful candidate will work from the
Sexual Violence Centre Cork, 5 Camden Place, Cork City. The
remuneration for this role will be dependent on candidate experience
and access to a defined contribution pension scheme is also available.
If you have the requirements we need and a passion for providing high
quality integrative psychotherapy and a desire to work in a dynamic
organisation, committed to making a difference for those who have been
affected by sexual violence, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter
demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to **Apply on the
website** no later than Friday 1st December, with the label
‘THERAPIST APPLICATION’ in the subject line of the email.
We need : English (Good)