Corks Sexual Violence centre provides services to survivors of rape,
sexual assault and child sexual abuse. The Centre also engages with a
range of community and statutory bodies, alongside second and third
level students in their colleges and schools to work towards the
elimination of sexual violence in society. Recent activities include
the involvement in the Fixed It Campaign, Safe Gigs and Cork Against
Human Trafficking. The door of the Sexual Violence Centre is open to
everyone, irrespective of the nature of the sexual violence they
experienced or when it occurred.
We currently have an opportunity for a person seeking to take on a
challenging and key role within the Cork Sexual Violence Centre. The
ideal candidate will be passionate about promoting our services and
addressing the needs of our busy Centre and will interact with both
our clients and counsellors to ensure we provide the highest standards
of service while maintaining confidentiality.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, is both creative and
organised, is highly computer -literate and is comfortable working
both individually and as part of a busy team. You must be passionate
about supporting and promoting our services and have a high level of
integrity and respect for the sensitive and confidential nature of our
service. You must also show a high level of enthusiasm for the role
and stay up to date with the various campaigns.
Reporting to the CEO, the Centre Co-Ordinator will act as the first
point of contact within our service and therefore must understand the
services provided by the Centre and the high level of sensitivity
required when communicating or engaging with clients, colleagues,
schools/colleges, groups or campaigners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Greet & sign in all visitors and clients to the Centre.
* Be the first point of contact for all clients, ensuring each
person is met with in a sensitive, professional and welcoming manner.
* Ensure all calls / emails are documented in real-time on the
SalesForce system and pro-actively manage the call-back process with
the team to ensure all messages are passed on promptly and all clients
receive a response from a counsellor in a timely manner.
* Ensure all interactions within the Centre are dealt with
discreetly and confidentially while adhering to all GDPR and
* Work closely with senior management, counsellors and the board to
ensure the smooth running of the Centre’s daily activities.
* Conduct monthly and quarterly reports of the Centre’s systems
and present these to senior management.
* Organise meetings and take notes as required.
* Ensuring appropriate filing systems are maintained in line with
GDPR, data protection and confidentiality policies.
* Ensure invoices and back-up documents are submitted on time.
* Manage petty cash, post, and all donations in line with the
* Ensuring compliance with all charity regulatory requirements…
* Identify / implement process improvements and standard operating
procedures in order to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of
the Centre operations.
* Demonstrate effective change management skills.
* To ensure services are appropriately planned, delivered and
* Manage, review and develop internal administration systems to
ensure compliance with operational standards and to support the
efficient management of Client Services.
* Act as a key point of contact for staff queries, providing
administrative support and general assistance as required.
* Take responsibility for general facilities and IT management, and
liaising with external suppliers and outsourced consultants as
* Actively manage our social media platforms to maintain and
maximise our online presence, while ensuring all interactions are
conducted in a professional and appropriate manner.
* Assist in the creation and promotion of Centre campaigns, identify
opportunities to increase awareness of the Centre and our campaigns,
and manage / support the execution of campaigns.
* Keeping up to date with all changes to legislation, regulations,
reporting requirements, and any other relevant updates that may impact
or assist the Centre.
* To ensure the appropriate recruitment, screening deployment and
supervision of volunteers.
* To assist with any recruitment and induction processes as
* Any other duties assigned.
* 2+ years in a similar role desirable.
* A third level qualification is beneficial but not critical.
* Excellent organisational and time management skills, with a proven
ability to plan effectively and achieve results within set deadlines.
* Good attention to detail.
* A flexible and positive approach, with the ability to multi-task
and display a professional and understanding approach to colleagues
* Strong proficiency in MS Office, with an aptitude for
computer-based applications and a familiarity with CRM systems such as
* Experience with Sales & Marketing and/or the use of social media
* Experience with funding applications and funding proposals
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Permanent, full-time contract ( *.5 hours per
week; Monday – Friday). The successful candidate will work from the
Sexual Violence Centre Cork, 5 Camden Place, Cork City. The
remuneration for this role will be dependent on candidate experience
and access to a defined contribution pension scheme is also available.
Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter
demonstrating how they meet the above criteria to **Apply on the
website** no later than Friday 1st December *,
with the label ‘CENTRE CO-ORDINATOR APPLICATION’ in the subject
line of the email.
We need : English (Good)