MEATH COMMUNITY DRUG & ALCOHOL RESPONSE (MCDAR)
ARE RECRUITING A FULL TIME PROJECT COORDINATOR
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
EMPLOYER: The Crann Support Group CLG
LOCATION(S): Meath Community Drug & Alcohol Trim and Navan, Co. Meath
REPORTING TO: The CEO Crann Support Group CLG
CONTRACT: Full Time Contract
HOURS: * hours per week
The Crann Support Group CLG are recruiting for the role of Project
Coordinator on behalf of MCDAR (Meath Community Drug & Alcohol
ABOUT MCDAR PROJECT:
MCDAR is a confidential community service providing a range of
supports to individuals and family members who may be experiencing
difficulties with addiction in Trim, Navan, and surrounding townlands.
The MCDAR service operates on mutual respect, dignity, and equality.
MCDAR is a safe, non-judgemental environment where issues underpinning
addiction can be explored.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and
delivery of a number of activities aligned to the MCDAR annual
programme of work. The role includes overseeing the delivery of the
service, managing staff, developing new initiatives, and ensuring that
the project operates within the parameters of the assigned budget.
This is a very exciting opportunity for candidates with the capability
and desire to make a difference.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide line-management support to all staff.
* Work in partnership with the HR Department to recruit staff as
* Ensure new and current staff are Garda vetted.
* Represent MCDAR at meetings with other organisations, including
NERDATF and HSE.
* Create and develop strong links with key agencies, representing
MCDAR at inter-agency meetings.
* Adhere to financial governance practices of the Crann Support
* Strive to maintain existing funding streams and source/apply for
new and additional sources of funding.
* Oversee the development of the SLA with HSE
* Oversee the maintenance of buildings and equipment.
* Adhere to CRANN requirements for the Charity Regulator and
* Develop and review at intervals all policies relating to the
operation of MCDAR.
* Ensure high Health and Safety standards are in place.
* Positively promote, including within the local community, all
aspects of MCDAR and Crann Support Group CLG
* Provide a safe and non-judgemental environment and encourage
engagement of service users.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* A professional qualification in Addiction studies to a minimum of
Level 7 QQI
* A minimum of 3 years’ demonstrated experience of
* Experience in the oversight of all financial affairs including
Income and Expenditure essential.
* Experience in the oversight of building and equipment maintenance
* Experience in developing interagency working relationships with a
range of community services.
* Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team involving
leading meetings, team building and change management initiatives.
* Experience and commitment to using new technology within the
* A proven commitment to an ethos of continuous learning, trust, and
openness between staff members.
* Non-judgemental approach.
* Experience of working with people with addiction issues.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Full clean Driving Licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
The Coordinator will have the ability:
* To ensure that all staff are appropriately trained and motivated.
* To write clear concise reports to the Board and for funding
* To ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations and review
processes related to risk management and professional accountability.
* To ensure flexibility in practice as required, for example,
development of new supports and service initiatives
* or out of hours work. To facilitate periodic project review
meeting with staff team and lead development of annual/multi year
plans resulting in the continued development of MCDAR.
* To put in place ongoing monitoring and evaluation of MCDAR and its
* To collect relevant data for funders and national statistics
CANDIDATES SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
* Effective inter-personal and communication skills both verbal and
* Information technology skills relevant to the role.
* Evidence of effective planning and organising skills including an
awareness of resource management and the importance of value for
* An ability to manage deadlines and effectively handle multiple
* Initiative and innovation, identifying areas of improvement,
implementing, and managing change.
* Experience of working with people with addiction issues
* Proven experience of how to implement a Community Development
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Full clean Driving Licence with access to own transport.
* Flexible working hours may be required.
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties
assigned to the post holder. It is intended to be neither definitive
nor restrictive and is subject to periodic review with the employee
Garda Vetting and two written references are a requirement for this
Apply with CV and Cover Letter in writing to:
REF: Project Coordinator (MCDAR)
Post: The Crann Support Group, The Maudlins, Trim, Co. Meath, C**Apply
on the website** Y *F
Closing date for applications is 5pm Monday, 4th December **Apply on
We need : English (Good)