FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
(FULL TIME & PART TIME ROLES)
OVERVIEW OF ANEW
Anew provides practical and emotional support to pregnant women and
new mothers who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Our
unique service offers accommodation with a range of specialised
interventions and supports to improve pre- and post-natal outcomes for
women, as well as working toward their long-term home. We provide
Supported Temporary Accommodation in North Dublin, Day services in
Dublin City Centre, Outreach Support and we are in the process of
setting up a Transitionary Accommodation service in Dublin 9.
* We take personal responsibility for using our resources
efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to
supporters, partners and, most of all, the women, children, and
families who we work with.
* We bring out the potential in people including our staff and the
women and families that we work with. We think, feel, listen, see, and
understand with those who use our services.
* We strive for excellence in all that we do, it should be more than
“just good enough”. Our service should be excellent because
everyone deserves it.
* We provide a safe non-judgemental place for the women and families
who use our services. We reassure, respect, and provide an environment
OVERVIEW OF THE SUPPORT WORKER ROLE
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to be a member of a
multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support Anew
service users. Anew has a commitment to service to empowering the
women we work with as they start their journey toward motherhood and
Independent living. This role works across a 6-day week rota.
* In conjunction with residents and rest of the team ensure that the
house is kept to a good standard of tidiness, cleanliness and hygiene.
* Encouraging service users to take responsibility for maintaining
their own environment and supporting them with laundry and cleaning
tasks where appropriate.
* To encourage and support service users to develop skills in
managing their daily living.
* In conjunction with the team assist residents with personal
monies, service charge payments, etc. where necessary.
* Carry out project administration tasks such as upkeep of petty
cash, project statistics, invoices, record keeping, Service User’s
* Managing risks relating to service.
* Provide verbal and written feedback on the progress of the mother
and baby as required.
* Reporting to Team Leader or Manager when Key Workers are not
* To attend and participate in team meetings and staff team days.
* To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal and
help in identifying your own job-related development and training
HEALTH AND SAFETY
* Adhere to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act (**Apply on
the website**) policies and procedures and other relevant legislation.
* To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met in accordance
with Anew’s Health and Safety policy and Safety Statement.
* To undertake assigned duties regarding the overall health and
safety and security of the service and to use security systems put in
* Report any immediate concerns / incidents to the Manager or his /
* Be familiar with emergency procedures and know who to contact in
* To report all accidents or incidents of concern to the relevant
* Monitoring health and safety, and maintenance issues reporting any
issues as appropriate.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility
may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles
is required from time to time.
HOURS OF WORK
The hours of work are * hours per week full
time and * hours per week part time, between
8am and 8pm based on the needs of the roster. The role includes
weekend, weekdays and evening work, “on call” may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* A minimum Level 5 qualification in social care/youth work,
addiction studies or related field is required.
* Experience working with women in a social care service.
residential care and/or homeless services is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* This is a full-time post and a part time post.
* There is a probationary period of six months.
* Salary: DOE
* This post is dependent on the ongoing provision of resources from
* The post is based at locations in Dublin 2 and Dublin 9.
* Anew is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a
cover letter and a copy of your CV to * before
the closing date of 5pm on Wednesday *st Feb
*. Please ensure to include ‘Application for
Family Support Worker’ in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A PANEL WILL BE FORMED FOR A WAITING LIST OF
CANDIDATES FOR ANY FUTURE VACANCIES THAT BECOME AVAILABLE IN THE
We need : English (Good)