CHILD & YOUTH WORKER, REDCLYFFE
Applications are invited for the position of CHILD AND YOUTH WORKER.
The role of the Child and Youth Worker is to provide support and
implement interventions with the children and young people staying in
Redclyffe Family Hub.
This is a part-time position and will comprise **Apply on the
website** hours per week. including some weekends and evenings. This
will be a twelve-month fixed term contract (with some possibility of
extension if ongoing funding can be secured).
The work location will be Redclyffe Family Hub, Mardyke Terrace, Cork.
REPORTING TO THE MANAGER OF REDCLYFFE, THE CANDIDATE WILL REQUIRE THE
* A minimum Fetac Level 8 Childcare Qualification, BA in Early Years
& Childhood Studies, Youth Work, or equivalent
* Minimum one years’ experience working with vulnerable children,
teenagers and their parents.
* Have an understanding of the effects of homelessness on children,
young people and families.
* Have experience working with parents in relation to a child’s
development and well-being.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establish a caring and supportive relationship with children and
young people and their parents.
* Support children and young people, with the engagement of their
parents, in terms of their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
* Develop and implement appropriate and agreed care plans with
* Provide one to one and group play sessions with the children.
* Facilitate older children and young people to access youth work
* Facilitate children and young people to engage in weekly Youth
Club and other child-focused supports provided by GSC in collaboration
with Tusla’s Springboard Project.
* Identify particularly vulnerable children and young people for
more therapeutic support where required.
* As appropriate, arrange activities with/for children and young
people, to facilitate parents to engage in relevant in-house supports.
* Identify, monitor and report concerns in relation to a child’s
development or well-being.
* Liaise with the family about any achievements or concerns in
relation to their child or young person.
* Liaise/collaborate with other professionals and agencies involved
in the well-being of children and young people.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please email your CV with a covering letter clearly detailing your
suitability for this role to Glenn Dalton at *.
Closing date for application is no later than 5PM, FRIDAY **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE**TH FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)