AUXILIARY SUPPORT STAFF WORKER
The Iveagh Hostel is the largest and oldest independent Hostel in
Ireland, currently accommodating up to * men in
single rooms. Established in *, its purpose has
remained constant – to provide safe, clean and comfortable
accommodation to men in need, respecting their autonomy and privacy.
A core part of The Iveagh Trust ethos and service places our residents
at the heart of what we do and how we do it. Whatever their tasks or
job title, all staff need to have a caring and empathetic approach in
their engagement with the Hostel residents. Whether working in the
kitchen, ensuring it is kept clean and safe or deep cleaning a
resident’s room or having an informal chat with a resident, this
post will play a critical role in ensuring the Hostel is as homely for
the residents as possible.
REFERENCE: AS**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
POSITION: Auxiliary support staff worker
LOCATION: Bride Road, Dublin 8
REPORTING TO: Hostel senior staff
CONTRACT: Permanent subject to a 6-month probationary period
HOURS: * hours per week, working every
alternate weekend, working mostly morning shifts but from time to
time, will be required work evening shifts.
This is a new post, which gives the holder the opportunity to
experience all aspects of the Hostel life.
While a member of the Hostel care assistant team, the post holder will
be required on occasion to work as a kitchen porter
PAY & BENEFITS
* The Iveagh Trust offers excellent terms and conditions of
* Unsocial Hours and weekend allowances paid on top of the weekly
* ANNUAL LEAVE – * days – increasing
after three years+ service to a maximum of *
* PENSION – very generous Defined Contribution Pension Scheme with
employer contributions of up to *% (when
matching an employee contribution of *%), lower
contribution options are also available.
* Death in Service Cover.
* Full EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME for you and your family.
* GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME providing discount to employees.
* Generous and supportive SICK PAY SCHEME.
* Full induction and ongoing training and development opportunities.
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION ATTACHED BELOW.
Applications must include the job reference code: AS**APPLY ON THE
Please send an up-to-date CV detailing relevant accomplishments,
together with an email outlining the following:
* Why you are interested in this job?
* What you believe you can offer to the team if appointed to the
by email to: *
CLOSING DATE IS: MONDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** FEBRUARY **APPLY ON
SHORTLISTING OF APPLICATIONS FOR INTERVIEW WILL COMMENCE BEFORE THE
CLOSING DATE THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS OPPORTUNITY,
PLEASE APPLY EARLY.
THE IVEAGH TRUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We need : English (Good)