PLEASE SUBMIT C.V. AND COVER LETTER TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** BY
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH FEBRUARY, **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
JOB TITLE: Outreach Worker
LOCATION OF POST: County Kerry
DETAILS OF SERVICE: ADAPT Kerry is a Company Limited by Guarantee with
Charitable Status. We provide support to Women and their Children who
have experienced domestic violence/coercive control. We provide
* hour telephone support, outreach support and
temporary emergency crisis refuge accommodation.
CLOSING DATE: *th February, **Apply on the
ORGANISATIONAL AREA: County Kerry
PURPOSE OF THE POST
The purpose of this post is to provide support, advice, advocacy, and
information to women who are currently or have in the past experienced
domestic violence/coercive control. The post holder will provide
support to women who require assistance and information in relation to
various aspects of domestic abuse including establishing their safety,
court orders, court accompaniment, legal aid and/or solicitor
appointments as deemed necessary.
* To assist with the continuing development of the outreach service
to meet the needs of women who have or are experiencing domestic
* To be responsible for all court work pertaining to the various
orders women seek in relation to domestic abuse/coercive control
* To manage a large case-load
* To work directly with women and assess their safety needs and
developing appropriate safety plans
* To contribute to the maintenance of appropriate and full
administrative records, particularly in relation to service delivery
* To observe and enforce a policy of strict confidentiality at all
times in relation to all aspects of the service.
* To develop and attend outreach clinics throughout Kerry as
required with an emphasis on utilising the offices in Killarney and
developing links with the Courts office and Legal Aid Office.
* To provide and arrange the provision of information on crisis
accommodation, court accompaniment and financial and legal support as
* To liaise with organisations in the public, private, voluntary and
community sectors, county wide, regionally and where appropriate
nationally for the implementation of the service.
* To work on own initiative and as part of a team to ensure quality
of service delivery.
* To promote the service throughout the community.
* On occasion raise awareness about Domestic Abuse/coercive and
deliver/contribute to appropriate training in Kerry to service users
and other agencies.
* Deliver/Contribute to the development of awareness programmes as
* To assist in the monitoring and evaluation of areas of work as
* To be aware of their responsibilities for Child Protection and be
familiar with the Organisation’s obligation’s as outlined in our
Safeguarding of Children and Child Protection Policy
* To be a member of various steering and networking groups as deemed
* To participate in staff meeting, outreach team meetings and
supervision meetings, review and planning meetings as required
* To comply with ADAPT Kerry policies and guidelines.
* And any other duties as requested by the Management Team
* Recognised third level qualification in a related field
* Minimum of two years previous employment experience working with
clients one to one in a supportive role
* Experience of liaising with other professionals and agencies who
work with and refer vulnerable clients
* Experience in the efficient management of caseload and
prioritising required interventions
* Flexibility in delivery of the Service – working from multiple
* Good communication skills
* Experience of the court system in relation to family law, an
* Ability to engage in reflective practice
* Good IT skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
* Experience of delivering programmes to groups.
* Knowledge of trauma-informed care framework
* Knowledge of the legislation that is relevant to this work.
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in the following
* Understanding of the challenges associated with women experiencing
domestic violence/coercive control
* Ability to be empathic with clients at all times
* Ability to work with a trauma informed care lens.
* Ability to motivate clients to take the necessary steps in order
to achieve change in their lives
* Capacity to support the client through the process of change
* Capacity to create an awareness of the role and service among
* Organisational skills: creating a disciplined working environment,
keeping accurate records and reporting
* Comprehensive knowledge of domestic abuse and current legislation
* Respect confidentiality and its limits with regard to the
protection of children.
* Capacity to accurately represent the views and objectives of the
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Will be commensurate to experience and education.
The successful applicant will undergo and secure Garda Clearance
This is a fixed-term contract for * months–
probation applies to this position. This is a full-time position of
*.5 hours a week. (negotiable)
A candidate for and any person holding office must be fully competent
and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in
a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of
ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
The successful candidate must be prepared to travel in the course of
his/her work, have a full clean driving license and use of a car
We need : English (Good)