_FOSTERING LINK SOCIAL WORKER_
TITLE: Fostering Link Social Workers x 2, Northwest team, Five Rivers
REPORTING TO: Fostering Team Leader.
WORKING HOURS: Full time permanent position (**Apply on the
SALARY: € *-€ *k
Qualified Social Worker. Registered Social Worker with CORU.
ESSENTIAL: 3 years’ experience, two of which should be
post-qualifying experience working with children and families.
Full clean driving license and has own car.
DESIRABLE: One year’s experience working as a Fostering Link Social
Five Rivers Fostering is an independent private fostering agency and
has been in operation in Ireland since *. We
were the first private fostering agency to be established in Ireland.
Five Rivers was originally founded in England before setting up an
office in Dublin, Ireland. Our Cork Office has been in operation since
January *, we also have established a team in
the Northwest covering Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Mayo, and Galway. We
work closely with Tusla. We are a social enterprise and provide a
range of therapeutic and practical support to our foster carers and
young people who are placed in our care.
HEAD OFFICE LOCATION:
Five Rivers Fostering, Unit 4 Block 8, Corporate Business Park 1,
Blanchardstown, Dublin *.
Northwest office: Unit 1, Bridgend, Co, Donegal.
THE JOB LOCATION FOR THESE POSTS WILL BE: 1 post covering Sligo and
the surrounding area, and the 2nd post will be based in either Galway
or Mayo and the surrounding areas. (PLEASE INDICATE ON YOUR COVER
LETTER WHAT AREA YOU ARE APPLYING FOR).
The posts will be home based initially but will eventually become a
hybrid working arrangement if an office is set up in the future.
Any travel expenses incurred will be reimbursed in line with company
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are the main duties and responsibilities of the
Fostering Link Social Worker:
* Engage in the recruitment of potential foster carers in
cooperation with the recruitment officer.
* Follow up enquiries to foster and determine suitability and
eligibility for assessment.
* Undertake formal assessment of applicants to foster in line with
Tulsa's National Assessment Framework for Foster Care and Tulsa's
National Assessment Report Template for Foster Care Applications.
* Present completed fostering assessment reports and required
documentation to the local Tusla Foster Care Committees in line with
requirements and time scales.
* Inform foster carers of their roles and responsibilities,
expectations, policies, and procedures.
* Take the lead with the matching process.
* Undertake on-call/out of hours duties for the Emergency Place of
Safety on a Rota basis.
* Undertake office duty responsibilities as required.
SUPPORT & SUPERVISION
* Support and supervise foster families in line with legislation,
national guidance, policies, and procedures.
* Undertake foster care reviews, long term matching reports and
disruption reports and present these to the local Tusla Foster Care
Committee in line with requirements and time scales.
* Attending case conferences, child in care review meetings and any
other meetings relevant to a child placed in a foster placement.
* Ensure foster carers operate within all standards and legislation.
* Support foster carers should any concerns, issues or complaints
arise and to adhere to Tusla protocol.
* Provide foster carers with all relevant background information on
any child placed in their care.
* Abide by child protection procedures and Children First guidance
* Record data and information in line with GDPR (General Data
Protection Regulation) guidance, company policy and recommendations
from Tusla and HIQA.
* Liaise with Tusla on behalf of foster carers and foster children.
* Work in partnership with Tusla and other agencies.
* Take responsibility for your own continuous professional
* Actively engage in 6 monthly/annual performance appraisal.
* Prepare for and actively engage in formal monthly supervision.
* Attend and actively engage in team meetings and social work peer
* Work as part of a team.
* Attend team days and social work developments days.
* Attend training to enhance professional skills and knowledge base.
* Keep Coru registering up to date and manage CPD requirements.
CVS AND COVER LETTERS TO BE SENT TO JOANNA ESMONDE **APPLY ON THE
CLOSING DATE: 1st of March
We need : English (Good)