TITLE: COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT SUPERVISOR – WITH RESPONSIBILITY FOR
REPORTING TO: MANAGER – THE RED DOOR PROJECT
To ensure the effective and efficient direction and co-ordination of
the rehabilitation element of the project including Care Planning,
Case Management and Group Facilitation. To work collaboratively and
effectively with the other supervisor and staff.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* The provision of an efficient and effective financial and
accounting system in line with sound accounting procedures and
* The preparation of financial returns i.e. wages claims, materials
claims, and Participant Development Grant claims.
* Installation and provision of systems controlling the operation of
a payments book, cash book, purchases book, petty cash system,
debtors, creditors and general ledgers, participants payroll, bank
account and PRSI returns.
* Ensure payment of Participant Allowances.
* Ensure security of cash/equipment in his/her area.
* Liaise with the local DSP office.
* Installation and maintenance of effective time keeping record
system for participants on project.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
* To fully participate in development programmes as required.
* To carry out an Identification of Learner Needs process with each
participant as part of the Individual Learner Plan process. To agree
needs and to source cost effective training/development opportunities
to meet the needs identified.
* To prepare an Individual Learning Plan for each Participant for
submission to DSP within the agreed time frame.
* To implement the training and development opportunities which have
been approved by DSP.
* To maintain training records for each participant on the project
as part of their Individual Learner Plans.
* To monitor and evaluate training inputs with both the participants
and training providers as part of the obligations under the DSP
Quality Assurance process.
* To plan and co-ordinate the agreed/approved work schedules for CE
* To communicate effectively with all participants on the project
using Team Meetings and individual formal and informal 'one-to-one'
* To develop a mutual understanding with participants in relation to
their needs and backgrounds e.g. re-entry to work opportunities where
the participant had been long-term unemployed and developing a
progression path for each participant.
* To participate in Case Management meetings with participants, key
worker and GP/others where required
COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT WORK PROGRAMME
* Ensure that the work areas meet appropriate standards and provide
a safe and healthy environment for participants - both in terms of
facilities and work practices.
* Deal with all disciplinary matters in relation to participants.
* Supervision and motivation of participants to ensure best returns
for the individual and the programme.
* Carry out any other function relevant to the position of
Supervisor (Community Employment) as indicated by Sponsor from time to
DRUG REHABILITATION PROGRAMME
* Ensure that the NDRIC framework is followed in relation to case
management of participants.
* To provide key working support to participants as required.
* To participate in the assessment and care planning process.
* To participate in Case Management meetings
* To train Assistant Project workers in the NDRIC framework
* To ensure Rehabilitation is central to care planning of
* To provide a monthly report on the management of the CE scheme to
the Board of The Red Door Project.
KNOWLEDGE OF POST
* Have an excellent knowledge of the role of the Community
Employment Supervisor and the administration requirements of the CE
* Demonstrate commitment and the capacity to motivation and
progression of CE participants in line with the objectives of the of
Community Employment Programme.
* Awareness of the continuum of care for people in addiction
* Knowledge of community and education/training services.
* Three years of work experience in supervision/management of staff.
* A track record of working with Addiction issues.
* Previous management experience in Administration, and/or Training
delivery or other relevant positions.
* Previous group facilitation experience.
* Key working, one-to-one experience.
* A clear and articulate communicator.
* Competent in writing and reporting skills.
* be capable of directing and motivating participants.
* Teamworking capacity.
* Non-judgemental and open attitude.
* Awareness of the importance of boundaries
* Empathy and understanding of the many varied and complex issues
that accompany addiction issues.
* Flexible and adaptable in the workplace.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
* 3rd Level Qualification in Addiction studies or
* Training Qualification
* QQI level 7 minimum standard in social care, social work,
community studies or a related discipline.
* Facilitation / group work qualification
Salary Per annual € *,**Apply on the
Candidates for this post require strengths in the addiction field
along with strengths in training and education. This Supervisor will
work closely with our existing Supervisor to ensure all requirements
of the CE scheme are met and cover each other for training, annual
leave ,sick leave etc.
PLEASE INCLUDE A DETAILED COVER LETTER AND CV TO BE RETURNED TO
MARGARET DORIAN, THE RED DOOR PROJECT, EMAIL TO **APPLY ON THE
We need : English (Good)