Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a
stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are
socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service
in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our
services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and
decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership
with central and local government, housing associations and other
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard **Apply
on the website** hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a
pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core
DEPAUL WISHES TO RECRUIT TO THE FOLLOWING ROLE:
SALARY €**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** PER HOUR
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to manage a busy kitchen that
provides high quality meals for services users and ensure that the
service conforms to regulatory standards. Depaul is a values-led
organisation operating a house-led, low threshold, harm reduction
approach, where residents receive a high degree of care, support and
dignity. Depaul has a commitment to service user participation and to
empowering residents to manage their own lives.
2. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Primary responsibility for running the kitchen when on duty
* To ensure that the nutritional needs of the residents are met
* To consistently produce high quality food, using fresh ingredients
and adapted to the specific dietary needs of the client group
* To assist and maintain good order and organisation in all aspects
of the catering on site.
* To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene are
* Food preparation, storage and service as required
* Requisitioning/Ordering of foodstuffs and materials daily and
* Stocktaking and stock control procedures. Responsible for
portioning, packing, rotation, allocation, labelling, chilling,
storage, and regeneration of food.
* Responsible for efficient and economical use of materials and
equipment including the management of catering suppliers and related
* Provision of on-site catering for Depaul events – i.e. meetings,
team days, board meetings, on-site parties, exhibitions etc.
* Responsible for attending training courses and assist in training
* Other duties may be designated by the Management Team.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND FOOD HYGIENE
* To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the with
the Depaul Health and Safety policy.
* Responsible for ensuring total compliance with standards,
including health and safety. Ensuring all quality assurance policies
and procedures are adhered with particular attention to HACCP
* To undertake assigned duties regarding the overall health and
safety and security of the buildings and to use security systems put
* To record and report all health and safety and security issues.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility
may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles
is required from time to time.
3. PERSON REQUIREMENTS
* Two years catering experience essential – time spent working in
a Catering Supervisory position is desirable
* Previous experience of working in a social care environment is
* An understanding of why people become homeless and the nutritional
needs that they present with, particularly in relation to alcohol
misuse and physical health issues.
* Understanding of the issues related to working with the services
users and a willingness/capacity to work with service users
experiencing these issues.
* Ability to plan menus and produce high quality meals appropriate
for resident, staff and visitors.
* Experience of Requisitioning and rotation of foodstuffs and
materials daily and weekly.
* Ability to be a flexible and co-operative member of a team
* Ability to organise, delegate and communicate effectively both
verbally and in writing and good listening skills.
* Ability to use initiative, apply sound decision making skills,
including the ability to act calmly in emergencies and respond in a
professional manner to challenging and stressful situations.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety and Hygiene. Maintenance of highest
hygiene standards. Efficiently organise kitchen compliance to
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please apply through our online application process available on our
We need : English (Good)