JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
REPORTING: Head of Operations
HOURS: 3 days per week ( * hour post)
LOCATION: Head Office, Maynooth with flexibility for remote working
SALARY: € *, * per annum
(based on a full-time salary of € *,**Apply on
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE POST:
The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for the day-to-day
HR operational elements within Shine and will be required to provide
strong human resources support across the organisation whilst working
closely with the Head of Operations.
As part of this role, you will have strong people management skills
and ensure the HR function is operating effectively, with the
flexibility to respond to emerging organisational and sectoral needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Provide consistent and coordinated end-to-end HR services across
all areas of responsibility.
* Proactively work with the Team Leaders and Managers providing
consistent operational support to embed HR policies, procedures and
* Manage the complete life cycle of the recruitment process for all
* Provide advice and guidance to managers on the management of
absence and the promotion of attendance.
* Provide advice and coaching support to managers to resolve
employee relations and performance management issues.
* Provide support and participate in grievances, investigations, and
disciplinary meetings as and when required.
* Cultivate good working relations and promote a positive and
collaborative culture throughout the organisation.
* Assist with the delivery of the HR strategy in line with business
objectives in collaboration and conjunction with the Head of
* Ensure that Human Resources policies and procedures are developed
in line with emerging legislation and trends and revised as required
to ensure compliance.
* Provide administrative leadership in relation to HR activities.
* Provide HR reports on the key activities and Shine performance
* Monitor the effectiveness of the various initiatives and provide
feedback on findings.
* Take a lead role in rolling out a new HRIS and digital HR
workflows across Shine.
* Ensure all new starters are set up on the HR Information Systems
(HRIS) and process all leavers accordingly as part of monthly payroll.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with key
stakeholders internally and externally.
* Participate on interview panels as required.
* Manage correspondence to employees on payroll amendments and
changes to contract details.
* Liaise with payroll on information on new starters, leavers, sick
leave deductions and social welfare deductions on a monthly basis and
adhere to strict deadlines.
* Maintain all employee HR files in line with company policy and
data protection requirements.
* A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Generalist / Business
* HR or CIPD qualification at NFQ Level 7 (Ordinary Degree).
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
* Experience of managing employee relations activity.
* High level knowledge of Irish employment legislation and an
understanding of how it applies to the workplace.
* Strong communicator with excellent people management,
interpersonal communication, influencing and teamwork skills.
* Excellent IT skills to include MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
* Previous Experience of working in a not-for-profit voluntary
* A high level of interpersonal skills to meet the demands of the
role internally and externally.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to engage at all levels with the organisation.
PLANNING & ORGANISING
* High level of organisation and time management skills with the
ability to follow through on task and assignments.
* Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, identify opportunities
and work flexibly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Demonstrate a proactive approach to work routine tasks and new
INTEGRITY & DECISION MAKING
* An ability to analyse technical and environmental information to
ensure a quality of decision making.
* Demonstrate and understanding and awareness of the importance of
discretion and confidentiality.
* Ability to work as part of a team together with an ability to take
ownership of work
* Understand and demonstrate the importance of consistency and
* Ability to continuously adapt to a changing work environment and
organisational change as it occurs.
* Always striving for efficient and effective performance in self
* Delivery of timely and accurate results across all KPIs
* Adaptable and resilient to changing circumstances
* Strong initiative and ownership of change opportunities
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
* Identify opportunities for development of skills and knowledge in
self and team
* Create a culture of constant improvement, using all situations as
* Create, monitor and develop a matrix of skills gaps and training
PLEASE APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BY SENDING A CV AND COVER LETTER TO
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** – WE WILL INTERVIEW CANDIDATES THROUGHOUT
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
We need : English (Good)