ROLE: LOCAL TRAINING INITIATIVE COORDINATOR
REPORTING TO: Director of Training & Employment Services FIT
PLACE OF WORK: FIT Office Ballina, Co. Mayo
Fast Track into Information Technology (FIT) is currently seeking a
dynamic manager to join our Training & Employment Services team for a
period of * months. Reporting to the Director
of the Training & Employment Services team, the LTI Co-Ordinator is
responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the (LTI) Local
Training Initiative Programme, located in Ballina Co. Mayo. The LTI
programme aims to provide its learners with the opportunity to engage
in accredited training relating to advanced manufacturing, also
identifying progression routes into further training, education, and
employment options available to them. The LTI Coordinator will assist
with the development and day-to-day implementation of the LTI
programme in consultation with all stakeholders. The LTI Coordinator
will assist with QQI and City and Guilds accreditation and will
deliver programme elements to intake groups to include modules
relating to manufacturing and transversal skills development.
FIT’s mission is to promote an inclusive Smart Economy by creating
a fast track to marketable technical skills for those most vulnerable
to sustained long term unemployment. It is the primary industry skills
development initiative in Ireland. In collaboration with Mayo, Sligo
and Leitrim Education and Training Board, FIT will appoint the Local
Training Initiative Coordinator to lead the implementation and
day-to-day coordination of the (LTI) Local Training Initiative
Programme, located in Ballina Co. Mayo.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Co-ordination of a full-time LTI programme,
* Co-ordinate the promotion and recruitment of participants for the
* Co-ordinate the testing, selection, and registration of learners
* Responsible for the welfare of and ongoing support to learners to
ensure they benefit from and successfully complete the programme,
* Design and evaluate training provision,
* Plan for the accreditation of the LTI modules with close
collaboration with the Training Standards office of MSLETB,
* Supervise the Assistant Co-ordinator and guide them to develop
ongoing work plans/ schedules to ensure the smooth management of the
* Provide individual support and evaluation to all learners,
* Evaluate learners progress with regular group and individual
* Develop individual learning plans with learners and facilitate
their progression to other forms of training, education, or
* Comply with all MSLETB and FIT quality assurance requirements,
* Source, supervise, and monitor external tutors,
* Deliver mandatory QQI and City and Guilds training modules,
including technical, employability, work experience, and soft skills
* Provide regular reporting to FIT and MSLETB
* Support the wider FIT team with tender processes, funding
applications and budget queries.
* Responsible for ensuring that the training centre is suitably
maintained and compliant with health and safety regulations.
PERSON SPECIFICATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE - ESSENTIAL:
* Have a third level academic qualification,
* Have a recognised training qualification,
* Have experience of working with economically, socially,
geographically and /or educationally disadvantaged learners,
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills,
* Have experience of training QQI modules NFQ Level 4 and 5
* Be familiar with and have experience in managing accreditation,
* Possess excellent organisational skills,
* Proven self-initiative,
* Competence in IT systems,
* Have the ability to work on own initiative as well as a part of a
* Experience and ability to deal with the public,
* Have a proven track record in administration, including budget
management, corporate governance, time-tabling, and scheduling.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE - DESIRABLE:
* Other qualifications specific to Education and Training.
* hours per week.
The typical working day is 8. *am – 5.**Apply
on the website** pm but the post holder will be required to work
outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends) on occasion.
Occasionally the post holder may be requested to attend and work from
the FIT head office in Glasnevin.
Please email the following documents to * with
the subject line clearly marked LTI CO-ORDINATOR
* Cover Letter (Personal Statement)
* Curriculum Vitae Further Information:
CLOSING DATE: THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5:**APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**PM ON THE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**/**APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**/**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
The job description as presented is a guide to the work the post
holder will initially be required to undertake. It may be amended from
time to time to meet changing circumstances by mutual agreement. It is
expected that the job description will be reviewed regularly by the
post holder and his/her line manager.
DATA PROTECTION AND CONFIDENTIALITY: All staff are responsible for
ensuring that any personal data which they hold is kept securely;
personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or
accidentally or otherwise to any unauthorised third party, and
personal data is only used for the purpose for which it is being held.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES: It is the responsibility of the post holder to
promote equal opportunity and recognition of diversity throughout the
HEALTH AND SAFETY: The post holder will be required to: promote
health, safety, and welfare in all aspects of the apprenticeship
programme and to undertake their duties and responsibilities in full
accordance with the FIT’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and
take responsible steps to safeguard their own safety and that of
others with whom they work.
We need : English (Good)