VITA HOUSE IS A PLACE OF WELCOME FOR ALL; WE ARE COMMITTED TO
DELIVERING OUR SERVICES WITH CARE AND PROFESSIONALISM AND CONTINUE TO
STRIVE TO ENSURE THAT WE PROVIDE THE BEST SERVICE FOR ALL OF OUR
JOB TITLE: Systemic Psychotherapist
LOCATION: Vita House Family Centre, Abbey Street, Co Roscommon.
RESPONSIBLE TO : Director of Service & Board of Directors
PURPOSE OF JOB
The primary purpose of this post is to provide individual, couple and
family therapy services within Vita House. Our aim is to provide
private, respectful, non-judgemental therapeutic service for
individuals and families in a safe and trustworthy environment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
CONTRACT: 1year fixed term contract with possibility to extend subject
HOURS: * hours per week over 3 days
SALARY: € *, * pro rata
(for * hour week)
ANNUAL LEAVE: * days annual leave associated
with this position on a 1.0 WTE basis.
* Competitive salary and attractive annual leave days.
* Access to in house training courses which are cpd approved.
* Access to monthly peer support group, reflective workshops and
supportive learning space.
* Annual Employee appreciation event.
* Supportive team environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the Director of Service the role will include,
but not limited to:
* To provide individual, couple and family therapy utilising
evidence informed therapeutic interventions.
* To hold and maintain an agreed clinical caseload.
* To assess suitability of client and delivering appropriate
therapeutic supports or facilitating access to other services as
* To assess risk and implement management plans as appropriate in
line with Vita House policy.
* To maintain accurate client files and other administration needs
as per Vita House policy.
* To comply with Data Protection Acts *,
* & * (GDPR)
* To fulfill all obligations as per Children First Act **Apply on
* To work in accordance with all policies and procedures of Vita
* To deliver educational programmes and/or workshops/talks to
relevant groups/schools etc. as requested by the Director of Service.
* To provide case management duties under the direction of the
Director of service.
* Identify and manage area’s of concern and escalate to the
Director of Service as required.
* To deputise for the clinical management during periods of
* Liaise and consult with other professionals in supporting the
client as required.
* Follow adult and child protection and safeguarding legislation and
policies in all work
* Maintenance of registration with Family Therapy Association of
Ireland (F.T.A.I), by relevant means, including regular receipt of
clinical supervision and engagement with continued professional
* To be open to participating in clinical work and projects as
deemed appropriate by the Director of Service.
* To assist in the development and implementation of relevant
policies and procedures.
* To maintain professional and personal boundaries.
* To be flexible in relation to working hours in line with the needs
of the service.
* Performance of all other duties relevant to the role that may be
required by the Director of Service.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Must be full-registered member of Family Therapy Association of
* Possess professional knowledge and skills for effective practice
as a systemic psychotherapist in the field of mental health for
adults, children and adolescents.
* Have developed ethical awareness for best practice.
* Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Have strong organisational ability.
* Be self-motivated and have willingness and ability to assume an
appropriate level of responsibility.
* Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize.
* Strong time management skills and capacity to prioritize competing
* Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
* Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
* Ability to foster good working relationships with external
agencies and organisations.
* Hr knowledge and line management experience relevant to the role.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should forward their CV’s and cover letter to
Director OF Service * or to the following
Director of Service
F *N *
In your cover letter, please outline your suitability for this role as
per the job description and include any other relevant information.
Closing date : **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE
We need : English (Good)